Louise primarily acts for executors or administrators in the administration of estates where inheritance tax is potentially relevant. She has administered estates with foreign property and administered only the English estate where the deceased was domiciled abroad. She often saves tax for executors and/or beneficiaries during the administration period such as by advising on and preparing deeds of variation.
- Probate/administration of estates
- Post-death tax planning including deeds of variation
- Lasting powers of attorney
- Administered estates with property qualifying for agricultural property relief and/or business property relief and made successful claims to HMRC.
- Negotiated with HMRC’s Valuation Office Agency (formerly District Valuer) to reduce the overall tax payable by executors.
- Administered estates with foreign property or where the deceased and/or beneficiaries are domiciled and/or resident abroad.
- Drafted and advised on deeds of variation to mitigate inheritance tax and pass on wealth to the next generation.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Louise qualified as a solicitor in 2007. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2019, she worked at the following firms:
- Thomas Eggar
- Blake Lapthorn Solicitors