Lucy is a commercial lawyer who advises businesses of all sizes on domestic and international supply chain contracts and global routes to market. She advises on supply agreements, purchasing contracts, services agreements, contractual joint ventures, distribution, agency, franchising, contract manufacturing, port handling / stevedoring, logistics and warehousing.
In addition, Lucy works alongside inhouse teams to provide commercial contract support on matters ranging from day-to-day advice through to business-critical projects, such as complex outsourcing arrangements, procuring and installing new equipment, energy transition arrangements and decommissioning sites.
Identifies legal issues very clearly and is proactive in suggesting solutions. Also very proactive in moving transactions forward.
The Legal 500, 2023
Lucy Pringle has expertise in supply chain issues. She is recognised as a key lawyer.
The Legal 500, 2022
- Commercial contracts
- Contracts for trading internationally
- Supply chain contracts
- Procurement contracts
- Distribution agreements
- Agency agreements
- Commercial Agents Regulations
- Franchising agreements
- Logistics agreements
- Port services agreements
- Warehousing agreements
- Manufacturing agreements
- Product development agreements
- Chemical supply agreements
- Master services agreements
- Equipment leases
- Subcontracting arrangements
- Asset purchasing contracts
- Outsourcing agreements
- Property management agreements
- Asset management agreements
- Hotel management agreements
- Collaboration agreements
- Contractual joint ventures
- Supported a manufacturing plc with drafting consultancy agreements, distribution agreements, agency agreements and capital equipment purchase terms for supply and installation of new plant.
- Assisted a luxury clothing manufacturer to appoint and terminate distributors across the world.
- Advised Sterling Pharmaceuticals on a contract manufacturing arrangement for the active pharmaceutical ingredient for hydroxychloroquine during the pandemic.
- Advised Total Petrochemicals UK Limited on the closure of its Stalybridge site, involving the termination of hundreds of supply contracts and the sale of plant and equipment.
- Managed the flow down to subcontractors of extensive contractual terms for the supply of smart metering goods and services under a contract worth £500m.
- Advised an international chemicals manufacturer on a time-critical project to rebuild a fire-damaged plant, including negotiating all contracts to purchase and install multi-million-euro items of equipment.
- Advised a global petrochemical manufacturer on capital equipment purchase terms for a nationally significant project to convert its olefins cracker to utilise shale gas.
- Advised a UK boiler manufacturer on an international collaboration to develop heat pumps.
- Advised a FTSE 100 company on the purchase and installation of energy turbines for its Italian plant.
- Drafted contracts relating to the build of direct air capture technology.
- Advised on a licence of low emission gasification technology.
- Advised on a franchise agreement for the supply and installation of solar panels.
- Advised PD Ports on a roll-on roll-off stevedoring contract with leading freight haulier, CLdN.
- Drafted and negotiated a 20-year port handling and logistics services contract with a major steel stockholder.
- Drafted a suite of template logistics and warehousing agreements for a global transport and logistics company.
- Negotiated a major logistics outsourcing agreement for UK-wide freight services for a plastics manufacturer.
- Advised on a complex framework agreement for business-critical customs and freight-forwarding services across Europe.
- Advised various clients on international freight conventions.
- Advised Frogmore Real Estate Investment Managers on hotel management agreements and hotel franchise agreements.
- Advised on franchise agreements for the Days Inn brand.
- Advised a leisure operator on hotel management agreements relating to the Mercure brand.
- Advised on hotel management agreements for hotels operating under the Marriott brand.
- Advised on franchise agreements under the Hilton brand.
- Advised one of the UK’s largest professional landlords on the property management contracts relating to a £160m residential portfolio in Chelsea and Kensington.
- Advised a leading property investment company on asset management agreements and associated duty of care deeds.
- Drafted and negotiated property management agreements for a range of commercial and industrial premises for a property asset manager.
- Advised a property manager on contracts to manage 20,000 residential assets for Lloyd’s Bank.
- Advised ITV on the location hire agreements for hit show “I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here!”.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by The Legal 500 for Commercial Contracts
“Lucy Pringle is the partner that has assisted on commercial matters and she is extremely effective. She grasped the business and its complex operations very quickly for the projects that she has worked on. She identifies legal issues very clearly and is proactive in suggesting solutions. Also very proactive in moving transactions forward. Able to draft complex contracts very effectively and excellent in in person negotiations with customer’s legal representative.”
The Legal 500 testimonial 2023
Lucy qualified as a solicitor in 2008. Prior to joining Keystone Law, she worked at the following firms:
- Womble Bond Dickinson