Manuela is an employment solicitor advising on non-contentious and contentious matters including whistleblowing, discrimination, contract disputes, executive dismissals and employment litigation.
She is also experienced in assisting with the drafting of employment contracts, settlement agreements, court documents, interviewing clients and drafting witness statements.
Manuela speaks Portuguese and Afrikaans.
- Drafting employment contracts
- Advising and negotiating on settlement agreements
- Drafting court documents
- Litigation involving whistleblowing and discrimination
- Assisted with obtaining an injunction against a former employee of a company listed on the London Stock Exchange who had retained confidential information
- Assisted on a case involving whistleblowing allegations against a financial services institution
- Assisted with advising on a settlement agreement involving a high-profile executive leaving a Premier League football club
- Assisted on a case involving a female senior employee in a complex disability discrimination case against a financial services institution and securing a substantial settlement
- Assisted with securing a substantial settlement for a female senior executive who was sexually assaulted in the workplace
- Drafted employment contracts, policies and handbooks
- Assisted with advising employers on employment regulations, employment status, contractual terms, team moves and restrictive covenant disputes
- Assisting with advising employers about redundancy, including collective and individual consultations
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Manuela qualified as a solicitor in 2008. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2019, she worked at Blake-Turner Solicitors.