A specialist in insurance claims work, Marie-Claire advises in relation to claims ranging from professional negligence to complex insurance coverage disputes. Prior to joining Keystone, Marie-Claire acted exclusively for insurers for over a decade. Since then, she has used her considerable experience in this specialist area and now acts for individuals and corporate clients against insurers and in bringing professional negligence claims.
She aims wherever possible to achieve a negotiated settlement of her clients’ claims and as swiftly as possible. During her many years acting for insurers she has gained a considerable understanding as to how they operate and she is able to use this knowledge to her clients’ advantage in the claims negotiation process.
I cannot recommend Marie-Claire highly enough. She dealt with my case with absolute expertise, professionalism, tenacity, and genius. I was totally confident and reassured in her expertise and abilities throughout proceedings, from the very first conversation. Marie-Claire, thank you for resolving a very stressful situation for me so quickly and expertly.
Consultant Colorectal Surgeon and Clinical Director
Marie-Claire is a law professional who is capable of viewing a problem from a standpoint of commercial viability, not driven by the technical points of a case. This said her attention to detail and ability to concisely explain complex legal points is very impressive. Marie-Claire is responsive in a timely manner, and organises her workload in a way which gives confidence that she keeps her 'eye on the ball'. On a personal level I found Marie-Claire easy and pleasant to deal with.
Arthur White, Managing Director
White Mountain Aviation
Marie-Claire's expertise and guidance has been invaluable during a complex and stressful claim process. Highly professional and detail-focused, combined with a personal and supportive approach; exactly what you need from your legal advisor
Kevin Hosier, Director
Marie-Claire is a thorough and incisive practitioner expertly capable of managing all stakeholder expectations in a tricky legal scenario. She is always one step ahead and communicates at exactly the right time and in the right way. The right lawyer to have at your side.
Greg Hackett, Former Group Director
I would have no hesitation in recommending Marie-Claire or using her services as and when the need arises. Marie-Claire represented my former advertising agency in a case that was challenging on a number of fronts. Marie-Claire's tenacity, reliability, understanding of the case and her determination to get a just settlement were second to none.
Neil Hughston, Founding Partner
Marie-Claire impresses not only with her expertise of how insurance companies operate, but also with her warm and supportive manner and readiness to invest as much time and skill in ‘small’ cases like mine, as she does in her corporate cases.
Prof Ivan Eisler OBE
- Complex insurance coverage and policy disputes
- Professional negligence claims involving solicitors, insurance brokers, insurance claims professionals, surveyors, accountants, architects and engineers
- Insurance fraud
- Product liability claims
- Significant mediation experience
- A number of major successes in policy disputes involving a wide variety of claims (both domestic and commercial) involving complex questions of breach of warranty and/or non-disclosure/misrepresentation, and/or alleged breach of policy condition and/or policy interpretation
- Many successful actions against insurance intermediaries in respect of negligent brokering of insurance policies covering such issues as material non disclosure/misrepresentation and underinsurance
- Several successes in actions against professionals involving complex arguments on liability and quantum
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Marie-Claire qualified as a solicitor in 1992. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2007, she worked at the following firms:
- Davies Arnold Cooper
- Turner Kenneth Brown