Martin is Consultant Solicitor in the Dispute Resolution team and has a wide-ranging practice which includes general litigation and property litigation. Experienced at all levels of the court system, he is also well versed in the processes of adjudication, arbitration and mediation.
His general litigation practice includes contractual disputes, debt collection, defamation, directors’ duties and fraud, as well as intellectual property – including trademark infringement, breach of copyright and passing off – and matters relating to partnerships and shareholders.
Martin’s expertise in property-related matters includes disputes involving landlords and tenants of both commercial and residential properties, as well as boundaries, rights of way, restrictive covenants, rights of light and other easements. He also has experience of planning and building disputes and negligence claims concerning professionals in the property sector.
With a flexible approach to funding, Martin has operated under conditional and contingent fee agreements, as well as actions funded by legal expense insurance and third parties.
- General commercial litigation
- Contract disputes
- Commercial landlord and tenantdisputes
- Property, boundary and accessdisputes
- Civil fraud
- Building disputes
- Professional negligence claims
- Intellectual property disputes
- Planning disputes
- Public law
- Debt collection and enforcement
- Master’s degree in AdvancedLitigation
- Studying for PhD
- Accredited mediator
- Acted in a high-profile fraud claimin connection with a modern art collection
- Acted in a disputed joint venture inrespect of a valuable Central London commercial property
- Acted in the enforcement of a loanagreement in respect of a luxury motor yacht business
- Acted in a claim for a contestedcommission for services in respect of offshore oil exploration
- Advised on a contested lease renewalof a Central London restaurant premises
- Advised on protecting the property interests of a London restaurant chain
- Acted in contractual disputes for a mobiletelecoms company
- Successfully opposed two major windfarm developments at public inquiries
- Coordinated debt collectionstrategies for companies and sensitive service providers, including carehomes, private schools and estate agents
- Acted in a high-profile passing-offaction against a High Street chain of stores
- Acted in a successful passing-offclaim for a major online retailer
- Developed and enforced a trademarkprotection strategy for a leisurewear brand
- Successfully enforced an agreementfor lease, including in the Court of Appeal
- Secured a substantial award atarbitration in respect of a withheld payment under a building contract
- Secured favourable settlements fornumerous clients at mediation
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Martin qualified as a solicitor in 1996. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2013, he worked at the following firms: