Matt is an experienced employment lawyer specialising in strategic advice on senior-level exits. With almost two decades’ employment law experience, he is skilled in managing conflict situations for employers, to minimise time and costs spent whilst protecting the business, its client relationships and confidential information. He also advises on terminations, as well as contractual and practical measures to regulate staff conduct and restrict defections to rival businesses.
Matt also acts for senior employees seeking financial settlements and career freedom after departure, where appropriate also acting for the new employer to resolve restrictive covenant and confidential information issues.
- Employment law
- Employment contracts
- Business protection
- Restrictive covenants
- Disciplinary hearings
- Compromise agreements
- Employment tribunal litigation
- Acting in Court of Appeal victory on employment status for recruitment industry client
- Negotiating early confidential settlement of scandalous bullying claim against multinational finance sector client
- Securing early dismissal of discrimination claim against multinational industrial client, with significant costs award
- Securing early dismissal of sexual harassment claim by male employee against multinational technology client
- Defeating employment status claim by partner in LLP, with significant agreed costs
- Pursuing high-profile race discrimination claim against FTSE 100 insurance company (ongoing)
- Negotiating major whistleblowing settlement for trader against global investment bank
- Acting for whistleblower against global arms manufacturer, leading to SFO investigations
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Matt qualified as a solicitor in 1999. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2015, he worked at the following firms:
- Tarlo Lyons