Melissa is a dispute resolution lawyer practicing in commercial litigation and international arbitration. She resolves international and domestic disputes and has specialist experience in Russian and Middle Eastern disputes having worked in Moscow and Dubai. She is dual-qualified in England and Australia and has advised on many multi-jurisdictional disputes in a range of industry sectors including commercial, energy and resources, real estate, infrastructure, corporate and finance.
Melissa conducts commercial and international arbitrations under a variety of governing laws and institutional rules. She also acts in ad hoc arbitrations.
Previously Melissa was a Partner at a top disputes firm in Dubai, and before that she worked at international law firms in London, Moscow and Perth.
She speaks English (native), Italian (fluent) and Russian (conversational).
- International disputes
- Cross-border arbitration and litigation
- Commercial contract disputes
- Commodity pricing disputes
- Real estate development
- Finance and investment fund disputes
- Acted for a Cayman company in a multijurisdictional shareholder dispute involving multiple proceedings, devising the litigation strategy, handling the disputes and providing strategic risk management advice throughout (Cayman Islands, UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar).
- Acted in an investment fund dispute for a Cayman Islands fund including freezing order proceedings (England, Cayman Islands and Russia).
- Acted for a major public utility against a consortium of major gas sellers in a large gas price review and arbitration under a long-term gas supply agreement (Australia).
- Acted for one of the world’s largest steel producers on a pricing dispute involving ICC arbitration proceedings and freezing order proceedings concerning more than US$400m of assets (England, Russia, Switzerland and Australia).
- Acted for a multinational project company regarding one of the world’s largest LNG fields providing dispute resolution advice.
- Acted for one of the world’s largest E&P companies providing regulatory advice across multiple jurisdictions.
- Advised on disputes in relation to gas supply agreements.
- Advised on a substantial pricing and supply dispute involving court and arbitration proceedings.
- Advised on many large real estate development disputes.
- Acted against a Dubai government owned master developer in one of the largest DIAC arbitrations.
- Acted for a European real estate company in LCIA arbitration proceedings seated in London regarding a dispute under a gas supply agreement and jurisdictional challenge (England, Europe and Russia).
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
“Most feared woman in complex litigation” UAE 2017 (MEA Markets)
Melissa qualified as a solicitor in 2004. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2018, she worked at the following firms:
- Hadef & Partners
- Clifford Chance
- SNR Denton