Melissa is a Dispute Resolution Partner practising in commercial litigation and international arbitration. She provides strategic advice on complex cross-border and domestic disputes. Melissa has acted in a wide range of commercial disputes across the globe and has particular expertise advising on disputes with a Middle Eastern or Russian connection. She has worked in the UK, Middle East, Russia and Australia, giving her insights into these markets.
Melissa is experienced in handling complex disputes involving court and arbitration proceedings. She conducts commercial and international arbitrations under a variety of governing laws and institutional rules as well as ad hoc arbitrations. She also advises clients on risk management.
Before joining Keystone Law, she was a Partner at a leading disputes firm in Dubai.
Melissa speaks English (native), Italian (fluent) and Russian (conversational).
- International disputes
- Cross-border arbitration and litigation
- Commercial contract disputes
- Commodity pricing disputes
- Real estate development
- Finance and investment fund disputes
- Advised on a substantial pricing and supply dispute involving court and arbitration proceedings.
- Acted for one of the world’s largest steel producers on a pricing dispute involving ICC arbitration proceedings and freezing order proceedings concerning more than US$400m of assets.
- Acted for a major public utility against a consortium of major gas sellers in a large gas price review and arbitration under a long-term gas supply agreement.
- Acted for a European company in LCIA arbitration proceedings seated in London regarding a gas supply dispute.
- Acted for one of the world’s largest E&P companies providing regulatory advice across multiple jurisdictions.
- Acted for a multinational project company regarding one of the world’s largest LNG fields.
- Extensive experience advising on numerous real estate disputes, in particular in the Middle East.
- Acted in one of the largest DIAC arbitrations against a Dubai government owned master developer.
- Advised in a protracted shareholder dispute involving action by minority shareholders.
- Advised on a partnership dispute involving arbitration and court proceedings.
- Acted for a Cayman company in a multijurisdictional shareholder dispute involving multiple proceedings, devising the litigation strategy, handling the disputes and providing strategic risk management advice throughout (Cayman Islands, UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar).
- Acted in an investment fund dispute for a Cayman Islands fund including freezing order proceedings (England, Cayman Islands and Russia).
- Acting for European clients resolving commercial contract disputes.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
“Most feared woman in complex litigation” UAE 2017 (MEA Markets)
Melissa qualified as a solicitor in 2004. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2018, she worked at the following firms:
- Hadef & Partners (Dubai)
- Clifford Chance
- SNR Denton