City trained, Meriel is a highly experienced commercial lawyer with over 20 years’ experience advising clients from the retail, media, fashion and sport sectors, representing both high-profile designer and household brand names.
Meriel brings strategic and commercial IP and IT advice to corporate transactions and to joint ventures, long-term collaboration agreements and licensing agreements. She has particular expertise in negotiating commercial contracts to ensure that IP rights are fully protected and exploited.
Meriel also has worked in-house at Disney, where she headed up Business and Legal Affairs for TV distribution worldwide.
- International licensing, manufacture and distribution agreements, including agency and outsourcing arrangements
- All aspects of e-commerce including data protection and distance selling regulations
- Advice on tenders for, and negotiations of contracts with, public services and governments
- Sponsorship and event agreements, including broadcasting, channel and satellite contracts
- Advertising and marketing agreements
- Due diligence on the commercial and IP sides of corporate transactions
- Contracts work in the gambling sector (online and betting shops) and racecourse contracts (catering and ticketing)
- Museum work (catering, ticketing and rights acquisition contracts)
- Software licensing, development and maintenance agreements
- International non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements
- Consultancy agreements
- Research & development agreements
- Advised award-winning digital publishers on licensing rights, protecting IP and data protection in their educational films which are licensed worldwide, through government entities and private companies.
- Advised varied leading fashion designers (in the Gucci group and others) on licensing, manufacturing and distribution agreements for, inter alia, a men’s underwear range, a children’s clothing range, a leather goods range and a designer branded range for a high-street chain, ensuring that the brand identities were protected at every step of the process and that certain ethical manufacturing undertakings were met.
- Advised a supermodel on contracts relating to the potential sale of her trademark including a collaboration agreement for sharing the trade mark, goodwill and image on an ongoing basis.
- Advised Disney on its IP and branding across its TV business (channel agreements, licensing and distribution agreements).
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by The Legal 500 2022 for Gaming and Betting
“Meriel Pymont has expertise in data protection and privacy. She provides guidance to us that gives us a commercial outcome which we are very happy with.” The Legal 500 2022
Recognised in Legal 500 2018 for Commercial Contracts
Meriel qualified as a solicitor in 1994. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2005, she worked at the following firms:
- Farrer & Co