Michael is a highly experienced commercial litigator who brings to Keystone a wealth of knowledge in resolving disputes with both domestic and international elements. Michael has a background in dealing with high-value marine and insurance/reinsurance claims. He now resolves a variety of commercial disputes by applying various dispute resolution techniques including litigation, arbitration, mediation and other alternative dispute resolution (ADR) methods.
Michael is an accredited mediator and has rights of audience in all civil courts in England and Wales.
- Commercial litigation
- Professional negligence claims
- Minority shareholder, joint venture and family business disputes
- Recovery and insolvency
- Contractual and company disputes
- Fraud and white collar crime
- Regulatory and professional disciplinary matters
- Trust disputes
- Obtaining a favourable high-value settlement for a commercial client in dispute with a local authority
- Representing commercial agents on claims against their principals in the industrial and retail sectors
- Advising an offshore company concerning its claims for unpaid commissions on investment funds
- Representing an individual in an overriding interests claim by the mortgagee in respect of the family home
- Settling a family dispute in respect of farming interests
- Representing a director and shareholder in dispute with other members of the (family-owned) care homes company
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Michael qualified as a solicitor in 1976. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2014, he worked at the following firms:
- Charles Russel
- Stephenson Harwood
- Bird & Bird
- Norton Rose