Minesh has over 30 years’ experience dealing with lettings, acquisitions, disposals, investment, development and refinancing of commercial property, particularly in hotels, pubs, restaurants and clubs. He is on the panel of recommended solicitors for a number of pub companies and agents.
Additionally, Minesh has extensive expertise in advising the care home and children’s nursery sectors, primarily for owner-operators/family-run businesses.
Businesses from a wide range of sectors also turn to Minesh for commercial property assistance with offices and industrial properties, including headquarter offices for multinational companies, UK distribution and freight forwarding hubs, along with petrol stations and retail shops.
- Commercial property acquisitions and disposals
- Property financing and refinancing
- Property management
- Landlord and tenant matters
- Advised on the reorganisation and refinance of a £25m portfolio of hotels.
- Advised on the relocation of one of the largest nightclubs in London.
- Acted on the disposal of the shares in a franchised international airport hotel in the UK for circa £30m.
- Completed an asset sale of a substantial spa hotel for over £8m within 30 days.
- Completed the purchase of two hotels by way of separate asset purchases for a multiple hotel operator, each for a sum in excess of £2.5m, one with provision for a vendor loan.
- Acted on a share and asset restructure of a portfolio of 10+ pubs for a multiple operator, worked closely with Counsel and accountants to implement their tax strategy.
- Acted for a number of private multiple licensed leisure operators on the acquisition, disposal and letting of various pubs.
- Acted on the acquisition of a lease of a substantial coastal hotel for a new entrant into the hotel market.
- Acted on the refinance of a portfolio of six boutique hotels.
- Acted on the purchase of a much sought-after boutique Grade II listed hotel in Norfolk.
- Acted for a major European airline in acquiring their first of a chain of hotels in the UK.
- Acted for a private investor in relation to a large mezzanine loan and related security over part of the portfolio of properties, including the preparation and negotiation of a complex facility agreement and security documents, including provision for a sizeable redemption fee and the subsequent the extension and variation of the facility.
- Dealing with the acquisition of a substantial hotel with a vendor loan LMA security, refinancing the property and discharging the security.
- Acted on the acquisition by way of individual asset and share purchases of various care homes for a number of clients.
- Dealt with the sale of a £5m London care home by way of an asset sale.
- Acted on the acquisition of a London care home and linked refinance of an existing care home for an established care home operator.
- Dealt with the sale of a substantial Kent care home for a sum in excess of £7.5m by way of a share sale.
- Dealt with the acquisition and disposal of a number of care homes for a multiple care home operator, both by way of asset and share sales.
- Dealt with the refinance of a group of care homes including the provision of the City of London Law Society Long Form Certificate of Title for each property.
- Acted for a private investor in acquiring, developing, letting and disposing of 40,000 sq ft investment property, dealt with all construction, funding and letting issues arising and subsequent disposal of the investment for circa £10m.
- Acted for a major Japanese company in relocating its European headquarters, advising on dilapidations and operational issues in decanting to new premises. Negotiated the terms of an institutional lease on their behalf to provide flexibility in terms of break rights, operational needs and repairing liabilities and securing warranties from contractors, architects and other professional team members with regard to any potential defects in the design and construction of the property.
- Acted for a US company in the relocation of its UK headquarters and the restructuring of its existing leasehold office.
- Advised on the relocation and acquisition of a major distribution hub for an international freight forwarding company in Gatwick.
- Acted on the purchase and finance of several individual petrol station sites for one client over 5 years, with a current portfolio value in excess of £30m.
- Dealt with a Promotion Agreement for a substantial development site near Gatwick and the requisite S106 Agreement.
- Acted for various independent petrol station operators in the disposal and acquisition of various sites.
- Advised clients on the sale of shares and of assets in retail pharmacy businesses.
- Acted for an international Japanese company on the disposal of a site for housing development to a major UK housebuilder involving a complex overage agreement.
- Acted for a private investor in lending and securing a substantial development site in Croydon, preparing and negotiating complex facility letters and security documents and subsequently realising the loan and redemption fees.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Minesh is on the panel of recommended solicitors of a number of pub companies and specialist agents.
He is a member of the Unity Club.
Minesh qualified as a solicitor in 1989. Prior to joining Keystone in 2021, he worked at the following firms:
- Field Fisher Waterhouse
- Goodman Derrick