Nadim is an experienced corporate lawyer specialising in equity investments, disposals, and mergers and acquisitions. He advises high-growth companies on venture capital and private equity transactions, including seed and series A, B and C investment rounds, convertible loan note investments, and strategic acquisitions and exits (most recently for Accel Partners, Ventech, and founders of Hassle.com).
Nadim also advises the venture capital firms and corporate finance houses that serve high-growth companies in the UK and overseas. He is experienced in dealing with direct and indirect overseas investment in UK businesses, having worked closely with Apax Partners for two years on the equity investments by the Chinese, Australian and Singapore sovereign wealth funds.
Nadim is well placed to advise on mergers, acquisitions, disposals and investments, joint ventures, shareholder arrangements, and management team mandates, across a broad range of market sectors.
Legal 500 2017
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Venture capital
- Private equity
- Disposals and investments
- Shareholder arrangements
- Convertible loan notes
- Corporate finance
- Advised on a multi-million dollar global joint venture between Intersection and Primesight in relation to the InLinkUK infrastructure project, which spanned over two years.
- Acting for a multinational publicly-listed private equity firm Eurazeo on its UK M&A workstreams
- Acting for Media 10, one of the UK’s most decorated media and events companies, which owns events such as the Ideal Home Show and Grand Designs Live
- Advising Lord Stanley Fink (the former chief executive of global hedge fund Man Group) on his UK and overseas investment portfolio, including the recent investment in Bud Financial alongside HSBC (which, via First Direct, it also counts as a customer), Goldman Sachs, ANZ, Investec’s INVC fund, and InnoCells (the corporate venture arm of Banco Sabadell)
- Acting for the Multrans Family Office on its UK investment portfolio
- Advised global corporate, The Armonia Group, on its first M&A transaction in the UK, being the acquisition of The Private Group, parent company of Office Concierge (a specialist provider of reception management services) and Privée (a concierge and lifestyle business) for a confidential sum
- Advising Accel Partners, Ventech, and the management shareholders on the international merger of Hassle.com and Rocket’s Internet Helpling to create the world’s largest online home-cleaning marketplace
- Advising Apax Partners on the overseas sovereign wealth fund investment from China, Australia and Singapore
- Advising Dassault Systèmes (French corporate) on its UK acquisitions, including Safe Technology
- Advising Alpine Metal Tech (German corporate) on its UK acquisitions, including Simulation FTS
- Advising Tesco on the corporate aspects of its joint venture renegotiations with O2
- Advising Kurt Geiger on corporate finance matters, including the listing of its convertible loan notes on the Channel Island Stock Exchange
- Advising Hassle.com and Network Locum on their business acquisitions as part of their buy-and-build corporate finance strategy
- Advising on growth capital investments ranging from series A investment rounds (typically £5m or above) to larger growth capital rounds (£100m+), including convertible loan note and multi-tranche syndicated investments, acting for institutional investors, family offices, high net worth individuals and the high-growth companies themselves.
- Advising Media 10 on the sale of its entire Asia design portfolio to Blackstone-owned, Clarion Events.
- Advising Apax private equity house and management on the sale of Stage Three Music to BMG Rights Management.
- Acting for Discovery Communications on its acquisition of a strategic equity stake in Eurosport.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised in Legal 500 2018 for Commercial Contracts, Corporate M&A and Venture Capital
“Always willing to go the extra mile” Legal 500 2018
“Genuine commercial insight” Legal 500 2018
Nadim Zaman is recognised by the Legal 500 2017 for Corporate M&A. “Exceptional negotiator”
Recognised in Finance Monthly’s 2015 Deal Maker of the Year awards for the international merger of Hassle.com and Rocket Internet’s Helpling to create the world’s largest online home-cleaning marketplace. The CEO of Hassle.com, who nominated Nadim for the award, commented:
“We have worked with Nadim on two large and politically charged M&A deals in 2015. Having appointed many lawyers over the last four years, I have found it rare for one to have a good handle on the legals whilst truly understanding the commercial and strategic landscape. Here is where Nadim excels as an advisor and I wouldn’t go into an M&A deal without him by my side.”
Nominated as a “rising star” by Chambers and Partners UK in 2012 and recognised in Legal 500 for his corporate transactional work, in particular the sale of Stage Three Music by Apax Partners in 2011.
Nadim qualified as a solicitor in 2004. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2016, he worked at the following firms:
- Temple Bright
- DLA Piper
- SJ Berwin