Nadim is an experienced corporate lawyer specialising in equity investments, disposals, and mergers and acquisitions. He advises high-growth companies on venture capital and private equity transactions, including seed and series A, B and C investment rounds, convertible loan note investments, and strategic acquisitions and exits.
Nadim also advises the venture capital firms and corporate finance houses that serve high-growth companies in the UK and overseas. He is experienced in dealing with direct and indirect overseas investment in UK businesses, having worked closely with Apax Partners for two years on the equity investments by the Chinese, Australian and Singapore sovereign wealth funds.
Nadim is well placed to advise on mergers, acquisitions, disposals and investments, joint ventures, shareholder arrangements, and management team mandates, across a broad range of market sectors.
Very knowledgeable and accessible.
Legal 500 2020
Nadim Zaman has a unique ability to see and to vocalise my aims and objectives before I am fully aware of them.
Legal 500 2020
Always willing to go the extra mile.
Legal 500 2018/2019
Genuine commercial insight.
Legal 500 2018/2019
Legal 500 2017
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Venture capital
- Private equity
- Disposals and investments
- Shareholder arrangements
- Convertible loan notes
- Corporate finance
- Advising Lord Stanley Fink (the former chief executive of global hedge fund Man Group) on his UK and overseas investment portfolio, including the recent investment in Bud Financial alongside HSBC (which, via First Direct, it also counts as a customer), Goldman Sachs, ANZ, Investec’s INVC fund, and InnoCells (the corporate venture arm of Banco Sabadell).
- Acting for the Multrans Family Office on its UK investment portfolio.
- Advising Apax Partners on the overseas sovereign wealth fund investment from China, Australia and Singapore.
- Advising Kurt Geiger on corporate finance matters, including the listing of its convertible loan notes on the Channel Island Stock Exchange.
- Advising on growth capital investments ranging from series A investment rounds (typically £5m or above) to larger growth capital rounds (£100m+), including convertible loan note and multi-tranche syndicated investments, acting for institutional investors, family offices, high net worth individuals and the high-growth companies themselves.
- Advising Accel Partners, Ventech, and the management shareholders on the international merger of Hassle.com and Rocket’s Internet Helpling to create the world’s largest online home-cleaning marketplace.
- Advising Dassault Systèmes (French corporate) on its UK acquisitions, including Safe Technology.
- Advising Alpine Metal Tech (German corporate) on its UK acquisitions, including Simulation FTS.
- Advising Hassle.com and Network Locum on their business acquisitions as part of their buy-and-build corporate finance strategy.
- Advised global corporate, The Armonia Group, on its first M&A transaction in the UK, being the acquisition of The Private Group, parent company of Office Concierge (a specialist provider of reception management services) and Privée (a concierge and lifestyle business) for a confidential sum.
- Advising Apax private equity house and management on the sale of Stage Three Music to BMG Rights Management.
- Acting for Discovery Communications on its acquisition of a strategic equity stake in Eurosport.
- Acting for a multinational publicly-listed private equity firm Eurazeo on its UK M&A workstreams.
- Advised on a multi-million dollar global joint venture between Intersection and Primesight in relation to the InLinkUK infrastructure project, which spanned over two years.
- Advising Tesco on the corporate aspects of its joint venture renegotiations with O2.
- Acting for Media 10, one of the UK’s most decorated media and events companies, which owns events such as the Ideal Home Show and Grand Designs Live.
- Advising Media 10 on the sale of its entire Asia design portfolio to Blackstone-owned, Clarion Events.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by The Legal 500 2022 for M&A: Smaller Deals, Up To £50M
Recognised by The Legal 500 2022 for Venture Capital
Recognised by The Legal 500 2021 for M&A: Smaller deals, up to £50M and Venture Capital
Recognised in the Legal 500 2020 for Corporate M&A and Venture Capital
“Very knowledgeable and accessible.” Legal 500 2020
“Nadim Zaman has a unique ability to see and to vocalise my aims and objectives before I am fully aware of them.” Legal 500 2020
Recognised in the Legal 500 2018/2019 for Commercial Contracts, Corporate M&A and Venture Capital
“Always willing to go the extra mile” Legal 500 2018/2019
“Genuine commercial insight” Legal 500 2018/2019
Nadim Zaman is recognised by the Legal 500 2017 for Corporate M&A. “Exceptional negotiator”
“We have worked with Nadim on two large and politically charged M&A transactions. Having appointed many lawyers over the years, I have found it rare for one to have a good handle on the legals whilst truly understanding the commercial and strategic landscape. Here is where Nadim excels as an adviser and I wouldn’t go into an M&A deal without him by my side.”
Alex Depledge, CEO, Hassle.com
“Keystone Law provided outstanding service and fielded an impressive team of M&A specialists, led by Nadim Zaman who we have worked with before and proved once again to be a consummate deal-doer. Nadim offered a blend of strategic insight and pragmatic, clear advice and at times moved mountains to take us to completion.” Steven Woolmer, CFO, Media 10
Nadim qualified as a solicitor in 2004. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2016, he worked at the following firms:
- Temple Bright
- DLA Piper
- SJ Berwin