Nancy is admitted as a Counselor-at-Law in the State of New York. She has advised for more than 20 years, both in London and New York, on mergers and acquisitions in the reinsurance and insurance industries, most particularly for property casualty companies. Nancy has been routinely recognised as a leading lawyer within her field of practice, most recently clients have observed that Nancy provides “an intelligent perspective and first-rate guidance”.
In addition to advising companies, Nancy advises agents, brokers and other industry participants in both the public and private sectors. She advises on capital raising, company formation, and restructuring and investment transactions by private equity funds seeking to participate in the reinsurance and insurance markets. Nancy has also advised on significant transactions in the Bermuda marketplace, where she has acted for companies, among others, in the Classes of 2001 and 2005. She advises routinely on cross-border transactions, including those involving Bermuda reinsurers and their affiliates in the UK, the US and Europe.
Nancy also advises on the development of new insurance and reinsurance products; and on other solutions such as alternative risk transfer, contingent reinsurance and insurance-linked securities. During her time working in the US, Nancy advised on insurance company demutualisations, including on a transaction involving the purchase of a mutual life company out of receivership–at the time only the second transaction of its kind to have been done.
- Insurance-related M&As
- Domestic and cross-border transactions
- Capital raising
- Company formation and restructuring
- Alternative risk transfer
- Contingent reinsurance and insurance-linked securities
- Advised a US-domiciled broker on its acquisition of a UK-domiciled broker including affiliates in multiple jurisdictions
- Advised the UK affiliate of an international insurance broker on the purchase of a global conglomerate of risk management companies
- Acted for various sidecar transactions sponsored by Brit Insurance Holdings in respect of discreet books of risk
- Acted on contract negotiations between an offshore target company and its UK investors
- Advised Flagstone Reinsurance on the sale, by auction, of its Lloyd’s operation to ANV Holdings
- Acted for ILS Capital Management Ltd on its formation and capitalisation, and on its subsequent strategic initiatives
- Advised a NYSE-listed Bermuda reinsurer on new products to be introduced into the UK market
- Acted for a private equity investor on a joint venture to market insurance products through a national network of chain stores in the US
- Advised a private equity investor on its acquisition of 100 percent of the ownership interest of a London-based insurer
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recommended for Insurance: corporate and regulatory and Insurance: insolvency and restructuring (Legal 500)“An intelligent perspective and first rate guidance.” (Legal 500)
Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2018, Nancy worked at Sidley Austin.