Natalia is a qualified Brazilian and Portuguese lawyer who specialises in financial services, commercial and corporate law. She has developed a broad in-house legal experience and also advises clients on securities and investments, corporate finance, governance and corporate affairs.
Natalia supports businesses with their general commercial operations, IPOs, mergers and acquisitions, strategic investments, regulatory advice and contract reviews.
Natalia’s skillset also covers ethics and compliance, where she assists businesses with the implementation of complete compliance programmes, training, board reporting and investigation, liaison with regulators including whistle blowing channels, antitrust and money laundering.
- Corporate law
- Commercial law
- Contract reviews
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Securities and investments
- Advising companies on trade sales, sale of assets, restructuring, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and due diligence
- Advising a variety of businesses on general commercial contracts
- Advising and assisting with ongoing corporate governance
- Contract review on all types of contracts to both internal and external clients
- Company incorporations and day-to-day company secretarial services, MoU, shareholders’ agreements, and dealings with HMRC (SEIS/EIS applications)
- Advising on English securities law and regulatory advisory work
- Supporting small cap businesses from seed funding through to scale-up funding with over £300m raised
- Assisting with IPOs and follow-on offerings, and supporting clients through transformational transactions
- Advising companies on corporate restructuring and mergers and acquisitions
- Due diligence requirements
- Acted as CO and MLRO for small investment firms and provided compliance oversight to a regulated retail investment platform with an active international network of over 30,000 investors
- Implemented complete compliance programmes focused on the financial services environment
- Led a number of new and existing compliance-related initiatives
- Conducted risk assessments and risk reviews
- Drafted and implemented corporate compliance policies and procedures
- Regulatory affairs oversight
- General Data Protection Regulation
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Natalia qualified as a solicitor in Brazil in 2011 and in Portugal in 2017. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2021, she worked at First Sentinel Group. Natalia is also a Legal & Compliance Director at Capital Plus Partners.