Niall is a licensing, gambling and regulatory specialist who advises on applications pursuant to the Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005 and all associated compliance and regulatory matters. He regularly appears before the courts and sub-committees throughout England and Wales as an advocate. His expertise also encompasses advising on the impact of insolvency in respect to licensed premises. His clients include pub companies, restaurants, bars, hotels, nightclubs, off-licences and events spaces.
He also advises on a wide range of civil litigation matters such as contractual disputes, professional negligence claims, breach of warranty claims and insolvency.
- Regulatory and compliance work
- Health and safety
- Civil litigation
- Contractual disputes
- Professional negligence claims
- Competition law
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Insolvency matters
- Successfully defended a highly contested review application brought by numerous local residents.
- Obtained a new premises licence for a brewery in one of Hackney Council’s Special Policy Areas.
- Obtained a new premises licence for an internationally recognised brand in the City of Westminster’s West End Stress Area outside of Core Hours.
- Successfully pursued a professional negligence claim in respect of advice given by an insolvency practitioner to a chain of pubs.
- Settled a contractual dispute, at mediation, in respect of a claim worth in excess of £2m.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised in Chambers UK 2019 for Licensing
Recommended in The Legal 500 for Gaming and Betting, Licensing and Commercial Litigation
“Niall is very approachable, has a good sense of humour and is a first-rate strategist.” Chambers UK 2019
Niall qualified as a solicitor in 2003. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2019, he worked at the following firms:
- Reed Smith