Nick is an expert adviser to the music and wider entertainment industry on a variety of legal and commercial matters. His expertise, for which he is recognised and respected, includes advising a diverse range of artists, producers, songwriters and managers on all aspects of their careers and across the full spectrum of music industry contracts. He has a particular focus on representing emerging talent.
Much of Nick’s work relates to the UK, Europe and the United States but he also has a unique understanding of the Asian and Australasian markets, having represented a number of clients in these jurisdictions.
- Commercial contracts
- Recording agreements
- Publishing agreements
- Producer, mixer and featured artist agreements
- Distribution agreements
- Management agreements
- Merchandising agreements
- Live performance agreements
- Brand, sponsorship and endorsement opportunities
- Acted for a wide range of emerging and established artists and songwriters in their negotiations with all major labels and publishers (Sony, Warner and Universal) and established independents.
- Advised a high-profile songwriter in respect of the multimillion-pound sale of their songwriting catalogue.
- Advised an emerging artist from the point of independent release of their first recording, to signing a recording agreement with the biggest record label in the world.
- Advised a producer in respect of their work on a multi-platinum, Australian and UK chart record-breaking hit.
- Advised on the setting up of a new record label, and all of its commercial contracts.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Nick qualified as a solicitor in 2015. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, he worked at the following firms:
- Reed Smith