Nick is an expert adviser to the music and wider entertainment industry on a variety of legal and commercial matters. His expertise, for which he is recognised and respected, includes advising a diverse range of artists, producers, songwriters and managers on all aspects of their careers and across the full spectrum of music industry contracts. He has a particular focus on representing emerging talent.
Much of Nick’s work relates to the UK, Europe and the United States but he also has a unique understanding of the Asian and Australasian markets, having represented a number of clients in these jurisdictions.
- Commercial contracts
- Recording agreements
- Publishing agreements
- Producer, mixer and featured artist agreements
- Distribution agreements
- Management agreements
- Merchandising agreements
- Live performance agreements
- Brand, sponsorship and endorsement opportunities
- Acted for a wide range of emerging and established artists and songwriters in their negotiations with all major labels and publishers (Sony, Warner and Universal) and established independents.
- Advised a high-profile songwriter in respect of the multimillion-pound sale of their songwriting catalogue.
- Advised an emerging artist from the point of independent release of their first recording, to signing a recording agreement with the biggest record label in the world.
- Advised a producer in respect of their work on a multi-platinum, Australian and UK chart record-breaking hit.
- Advised on the setting up of a new record label, and all of its commercial contracts.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by The Legal 500 2022 for Media & Entertainment
“Nick Weaser is a key part of the team, always on hand to assist and explain, and thorough in his work. Exceptional.” The Legal 500 2022
Recognised by The Legal 500 2021 for Media and Entertainment
Nick qualified as a solicitor in 2015. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, he worked at the following firms:
- Reed Smith