Oleg is a corporate lawyer with a distinct specialism in transactions for successful entrepreneurs and their corporate vehicles, particularly in emerging markets. His focus is advising clients on a broad range of mergers & acquisitions and financing transactions in technology, infrastructure, energy, telecommunications, and natural resource sectors.
Oleg is highly experienced in emerging markets, cross-border transactions, negotiated acquisitions, and private equity. Due to his extensive contacts and relationships he often has access to early-stage investment opportunities and acts as an investor or co-investor together with his clients or business partners.
In addition to his expertise as a corporate and commercial lawyer, Oleg has taken part in a number of high-profile litigation cases and has experience dealing with a wide range of matters including worldwide freezing orders, civil fraud cases, disclosure and confidentiality, as well as jurisdictional issues.
Oleg works closely with businesses as well as their directors and shareholders as a strategic adviser. He also acts as a director for a number of clients on their management boards.
- Corporate law
- Joint ventures
- Private equity
- Emerging markets
- Cross-border transactions
- Dispute Resolution
- Due diligence on behalf of major international oil company of jointly owned operating company conducting exploration in the Caspian off-shore in preparation of single company operator.
- Provided assistance to an operator in documenting drilling and well service arrangements.
- Advised, in the Caspian region in particular, on a number of majors on upstream work, including Exxon Mobil and Agip, as well as downstream matters, including ChevronTexaco and others. Also advised on the Cross Caspian Pipeline Project, a multi-modal transportation solution to export bottlenecks for production in the Caspian region.
- Assisted on a multibillion-dollar LNG project in Yemen, advising the state oil company as operator, and the Republic as a major shareholder, on all aspects of this project from gas field development to finance.
- Advised Timan Oil and Gas Plc on a farm-out transaction in Europe including drafting and negotiating all documents for the deal.
- Advised and assisted a major oil company in drafting and negotiating a production sharing agreement to explore and develop hydrocarbon reserves in Kazakhstan’s portion of the Caspian Sea shelf.
- Advised on and preparing documentation to effect the acquisition of semi-submersible drilling rigs and offshore platforms.
- Advised ENGlobal Corporation on the drafting and negotiating of an EPC contract for the expansion of the pipeline operated by the Caspian Pipeline Consortium in Russia and Kazakhstan.
- Assisted one of the largest U.S. energy companies in the due diligence and related securities work involved in acquiring a stake in a joint venture holding a concession for a significant hydrocarbon deposit located in Turkmenistan, and subsequent rights offerings.
- Advised on a multimillion-dollar acquisition of 96 mining concessions in Brazil on behalf of a global trading company based in the UK.
- Assisted Trivon AG in undertaking the due diligence, structuring and negotiating cross-border acquisition of telecoms assets in Eastern Europe.
- Assisted on a joint venture in China, advising a private equity fund on its investment into a Chinese telecommunications company and the establishment of a joint venture in China.
- Represented a prominent banker from one of the CIS countries in a high-profile civil fraud litigation case in the UK, managed a legal team working on disclosure, and developed legal arguments on jurisdiction.
- Represented a client in a case involving a worldwide freezing order, and developed legal defence against the order and other claims.
- Advised high-net-worth individuals on relocation to the UK or Continental Europe and creating international corporate structures to enable them to manage underlying assets in an efficient way.
- Advised on the terms of concession and production-sharing agreements.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Oleg qualified as a solicitor in 1999. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2018, he worked at the following firms:
- Clyde & Co
- Coudert Brothers