Paul’s impressive case portfolio includes complex, high-value and international matters which see him acting for partners, fund managers, city executives and sports stars.
Previous sport clients have included Roy Hodgson, Mark Hughes, David Moyes, Andre Villas-Boas, Nicky Barmby, Avram Grant, Steve McLaren and Alex McLeish. Other sport cases have involved top Premiership and England International footballers, and leading cricketers and rugby stars.
Paul also sits as a part-time employment judge following his appointment in 2005.
- Unfair dismissal
- Sports litigation
- Contract disputes
- Maternity and gender discrimination
- Good leaver/bad leaver share disputes
- Acted for senior fund manager Mr Saeed in relation to a complex and high profile whistleblowing case against LGIM
- Represented Roy Hodgson on his departure from Liverpool FC and subsequently on his England contract negotiation
- Advised a senior City fund manager on a multimillion pound whistleblowing, discrimination and unfair dismissal case in the High Court/employment tribunal
- Represented a senior partner in a complex disability discrimination case against a Magic Circle law firm
- Advised a female director in the City on maternity and sex discrimination issues, leading to a very substantial termination package and a settlement agreement
- Represented a leading City executive on a multimillion pound whistleblowing case in the High Court/employment tribunal
- Advised Oisin Tymon, a BBC producer allegedly punched and assaulted by Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear presenter
- Represented six different Premiership football managers in high-profile employment disputes
- Advised a leading current England International footballer on his contract arrangements
- Advised a city executive on a complex and high-value “team move” case in the High Court
- Acted for Sam Rush, Derby County FC, former Managing Director, in bringing proceedings for breach of contract in the High Court for compensation of £6mn, for unfair dismissal in the Employment Tribunal and defending counterclaims for over £7mn based on alleged breach of fiduciary duty and misconduct.
- Acted for a senior female Hedge Fund executive in an employment tribunal proceedings for sexual harassment and sexual discrimination against a major Hedge Fund.
- Acted for a senior Manager in a top 6 Premier League football club.
- Acted for a senior whistleblower in a high profile whistleblowing matter about FCA regulatory breaches involving one of the largest UK financial institutions.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Paul Daniels continues to represent senior individuals in complex employment disputes including whistle-blowing, dismissal and discrimination. He has notable experience acting for high-profile figures in the sports world, and comes recommended as “a heavyweight name that one goes to with a high-risk claim for a very senior employee.” Chambers UK 2020
Recognised as a Leading Individual in the Legal 500 2020 for Employment: Employees/Unions
Recognised in the Legal 500 2020 for Employment: Senior Executives
Recognised in the Legal 500 2020 for TMT: Sport
Paul Daniels of Keystone Law has a broad practice that sees him advising individuals on unfair dismissals, whistle-blowing claims and other disputes. His client base includes sporting and financial services sector clients. Chambers UK 2019
Recognised in the Legal 500 2018 for Employment: Employers and Senior Executives
Recognised by Best Lawyers (UK) 2020 and 2019 in the practice area of Employment
“Clients praise his ability to ‘blend legal analysis with sound commercial analysis’.” Chambers and Partners 2018
“Paul is particularly renowned by peers for employment litigation and he often assists clients with complex whistle-blowing cases.” Chambers and Partners 2017
“Widely considered to be one of the finest litigators acting for employees in the UK” and as a “fighter who is very good on high-profile cases”. Legal 500
“Renowned for his adroit representation of a number of Premier League football managers, Paul Daniels in described by sources as being both a ‘fierce litigator’ and a ‘tough negotiator’.” Chambers and Partners 2016
“Paul Daniels ‘will go the extra mile to get the best results’ for his clients.” Chambers and Partners 2015
Paul qualified as a solicitor in 1991. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2018, he worked at the following firms:
- Slater and Gordon