Corporate law expert Paul advises on mergers and acquisitions, corporate and partnership investment vehicles, joint ventures, and distressed mergers and acquisitions. He also advises on regulatory issues relating to the financial services sector.
As a corporate lawyer, Paul’s practice is sector-agnostic, but he does have industry-specific experience in the following fields:
- media, including film, television, music, radio and theatre;
- advising family offices;
- food & beverage brands.
Paul also advises on various corporate real estate matters, including finance, and acts for a number of developers and investors.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate and partnership investment vehicles
- Venture capital
- Joint ventures
- Distressed M&A
- Regulatory advice
- Advised the producer of an award-winning TV drama series on an equity investment by Channel 4.
- Recently advised a large independent music publisher on its acquisitions of portfolios of music rights.
- Advising a network of commercial radio stations operating nationally known brands.
- Advising two well-known animation companies behind several successful and award-winning productions.
- Advising a well-known theatre company on a number of corporate and corporate finance matters.
- Acting for a developer on the acquisition of a commercial premises in Buckinghamshire for conversion into residential units.
- Acting for the mezzanine finance provider on an acquisition of commercial real estate in Kent.
- Acting for a developer on the acquisition of commercial real estate in Essex.
- Advising investors on joint venture documentation for a significant development in London.
- Advising on the re-finance of a significant real estate portfolio.
HNW Family Offices
- Advising on corporate structuring across family-owned businesses to complement multi-generational estate planning.
- Advising on issues across a portfolio of private equity investments.
- Advising upon the implementation of tax-efficient structures for investment purposes.
- Advising upon debt and security arrangements across family portfolio assets.
- Advising on participation in bespoke investment opportunities.
Food & Beverage Brands
- Advising the founders on the establishment, growth and ultimate exit from a market-leading organic children’s food brand.
- Advising the founders on the exit from a high-end tea brand.
- Advising the founders of a savoury snack brand on establishment and growth through various rounds of equity fund raising.
- Advising an international food brand on various commercial issues.
- Advising a beverage brand on various corporate matters.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised in The Legal 500 2015 and 2018 and 2021 for Corporate and Commercial
“Paul Toolan is recommended for TMT M&A and private equity backed deals.” The Legal 500 2021
Paul qualified as a solicitor in 2000. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2022, he worked at the following firms:
- Gordon Dadds
- Davenport Lyons