Peter is a commercial lawyer with experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts across a wide range of industries and sectors.
He has particular experience in advising on and drafting contracts in the technology, publishing and media, commercial insurance, hotels and leisure, retail, manufacturing and technology spaces, as well as in intellectual property and consumer protection.
- Outsourcing (technology and a wide range of business processes)
- Insurance industry commercial agreements (delegated underwriting, claims handling, broker relationships, white labelling of insurance products, affinity schemes)
- Hotel operating agreements and hotel franchise agreements
- Software and technology and e-commerce
- Intellectual property licensing
- Agency, distribution and franchising
- Professional engagement
- Music industry contracts
- Sponsorship agreements
- Terms and conditions of trade
- Joint venture and collaboration agreements
- Manufacturing, purchasing and supply agreements
- Agency, distribution and advertising/marketing contracts
- Confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements
- Limitations and exclusions of liability
- Consumer protection and distance selling
- Data protection registration and compliance
- Branding strategy and trade mark protection and licensing
- Protection of know-how and confidential information
- Product endorsement and sponsorship
- Research and development and collaboration agreements
- Due diligence advice for corporate sales and acquisitions
- The procurement and supply of IT systems
- Software licence and maintenance agreements, hardware and technical support agreements and escrow arrangements
- IT outsourcing/disaster recovery arrangements and facilities management
- Advising the Lloyd’s Market Association on a number of market-wide outsourcings – including core central services supplied to the market by Xchanging Plc and, most recently, the provision of shared services into the Singapore Lloyd’s market.
- Advising the press industry on the contractual arrangements relating to the press regulator following the Leveson enquiry.
- Advising Sports Direct on various high-value commercial matters, including the commercial arrangements relating to the exploitation of the Rangers Football Club brand and the Stadium Sponsorship Agreement.
- Advising a property fund on the terms of its franchise agreement for the conversion of a hotel into the Marriott Autograph line.
- Advising Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Plc on the Argos and Homebase Pet Insurance Affinity Scheme Agreement.
- Advising RSA Insurance Plc on the software development agreement relating to the development of a new bespoke pet claims handling system.
- Advising the National Trust on the second-generation outsourcing of its CRM hosting services following a significant dispute with the incumbent supplier.
- Advising on a wholesale distribution agreement for Associated Newspapers.
- Advising a Lloyd’s Managing Agent on the outsourcing of its IT Infrastructure, applications support and claims handling services.
- Drafting the precedent global master framework agreement for a major international accounting firm’s outsourcing and business services division.
- Advising a Lebanese book publisher on contractual arrangements arising out of a joint venture with a major UK publisher and on a dispute relating to the exclusive publishing rights of educational titles in the Middle East.
- Advising a leading UK automotive small ads publisher on the licensing in and out of digital rights including in respect of website content, search functionality and the white labelling of dealership websites on a managed-services basis.
- Negotiating supply agreements on behalf of a semiconductor manufacturer in respect of the purchase of production critical parts.
- Advising the Lloyd’s Market Association on data protection and other issues relating to the key market-wide outsourced insurance administration services agreement for all Lloyd’s managing agents.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Peter qualified as a solicitor in 2004. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2016, he worked at the following firms:
- Reynolds Porter Chamberlain
- Boyes Turner