Raymond is an industry leading expert in the property sector. With over 40 years’ experience, he has built a career on providing a quality corporate and commercial service to the real estate organisations.
Raymond specialises largely in real estate investment and joint ventures across a range of areas including partnerships, limited liability partnerships, trusts of land, and unit trusts designed for both onshore and offshore investment. He has worked with some major players within his sector, including Hermes Fund Managers, LaSalle Investment Management, Argent, HM Duchy of Lancaster, and British Land.
- Real estate investments and joint ventures
- Structuring investment funds and joint ventures, as well as advising on the use of these structures for individual portfolio investments, development and real estate management services
- Advising on partnerships, limited liability partnerships, trusts of land, and unit trusts designed for both onshore and offshore investment
- Development financing for institutional real estate investors, including all construction-related elements and relevant tax issues
- The complex restructuring of Argent Group Plc and its co-investment partnerships, the highlight being the partnership to invest in and deliver the 8 million ft2 King’s Cross regeneration project, and subsequent further restructuring to create a new limited liability partnership to carry on the Argent business
- Acting for the BT Pension Scheme in its successful bid (with GE Capital) to take private MEPC, one of the largest UK real estate listed firms at the time
- Setting up an onshore limited partnership to enable the Royal Mail Pension Plan with two other major investors to acquire Tower 42 (formerly the NatWest Tower) in the City, and subsequent restructuring of the restructuring of the investment using an offshore unit trust
- Complex acquisition of a portfolio of factory outlets for the BT Pension Scheme, the Royal Mail Pension Plan and Hermes Property Unit Trust, creating a structure involving six limited partnerships, and subsequently an offshore unit trust
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by Best Lawyers (UK) 2019 in the practice area of Real Estate
Raymond qualified as a solicitor in 1972. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2015, he worked at the following firms:
- Maxwell Winward
- Rubinstein Nash