Richard is a family solicitor who has specialised in this area of law since 2013. He specialises in advising clients on the financial consequences of the breakdown of relationships and is experienced in dealing with complex financial arrangements where separation often results in litigation. Richard frequently acts in High Court proceedings where cases have an international dimension, and he has particular expertise in dealing with offshore trusts and other commercial/corporate structures.
Richard is skilled in acting on all financial aspects of private family law including financial claims, cohabitation agreements, nuptial agreements, litigation concerning family business valuations, and freezing applications.
He has previously worked on a number of high-profile cases, including acting for celebrities, and is a member of Resolution.
Richard made an ideal lawyer for my situation, managing to avoid litigation in high court while brokering a very fair settlement in just over a year during the pandemic. He operated as an anchor around major acrimonious divorce turbulence, and was skilful at getting up to speed with complex finances quickly.
Your support and your humanity in such a terrible time has been invaluable.
I am very relieved and grateful for your advice and support over the past year. It’s been quite a journey.
You have both come up with ideas but you have also taken a commercial approach - always balancing cost and advantage.
Thank you to all of you for your hard work, support, advice, and legal expertise the last few months to help me get through the financial proceedings.
I certainly felt confident I had the right team representing me when we entered into the courtroom.
- Divorce related issues including contested proceedings
- Financial claims on relationship breakdowns
- Freezing orders
- Applications to reverse transactions intended to defeat claims
- Variation of previous settlements and agreements
- Financial claims where parents are not married
- Disclosure applications
- Acted for a wife whose husband had a multi-million-pound shareholding in an unquoted company. The case involved material non-disclosure of assets by the husband and significant interests held in trust. The trial was heard at the High Court of Justice in London.
- Assisted with private children matters including a £260m Schedule 1 variation application (financial remedies proceedings relating to unmarried couples) at the Central Family Court in London. The matter settled with a favourable outcome to the client before trial, thus limiting costs.
- Prepared for and attended private financial dispute resolution hearings before leading counsel on multiple occasions. One case involved acting for a wife whose husband had interests in trusts exceeding £250m. This matter settled shortly after the private court hearing.
- Acted for a successful businesswoman in divorce and obtained a favourable financial outcome for her and protecting her business
- Represented high profile clients including musicians, social media influencers and celebrities in respect of a wide variety of family law matters including nuptial agreements and following separation.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by The Legal 500 2023 for Family
”Richard Abrahams is brilliant. Richard is a rising star – young and energetic and a huge hit with clients, who love his approachable, straight talking style.” The Legal 500 2023
Richard qualified as a solicitor in 2013. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2017, he worked at CH-R Family Solicitors.