Rob specialises in employment law and his practice covers everything from employment disputes to the drafting of contracts and policies. He has dealt with a number of disputes in the High Court and Employment Tribunal, including disputes in relation to discrimination, unfair dismissal, and restrictive covenants.
Rob has acted for some famous retailers, high-profile fashion brands, recruitment and financial services companies, helping them to protect their reputation. He also advises on employment aspects of corporate and other transactions including mergers, take-overs and outsourcing and is highly experienced in advising on the application of the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 (“TUPE”).
Rob also assists with day-to-day issues in the workplace such as disciplinary issues, absence management, grievance and the implementation of redundancy programmes.
Rob has lectured widely and is co-author of Tottel’s Termination of Employment.
- Employment tribunal claims
- Discrimination claims
- Unfair dismissal
- Drafting employment contracts, policies and staff handbooks
- Disciplinary advice
- Absence management
- Advised a luxury fashion retailer on the employment aspects of outsourcing agreements involving a change of service provider.
- Acted for the Private Finance Unit of the NHS in drafting the standard agreement for implementing a “Retention of Employment” model on public to private sector transactions.
- Advised Wellhouse NHS Trust on all employment aspects of the Barnet Hospital (Phase 1B) PFI project, including TUPE issues. Also advised HM Treasury on all staffing issues arising on the Great George Street PFI project (Phase 1 and Phase 2).
- Advised the Olympic Delivery Authority (ODA) on all TUPE aspects of the 2012 Olympic Games.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised in Chambers UK 2022 for Employment: Senior Executives
“He is tough when he needs to be but he is sensible so you get to the right place.” Chambers UK 2022
Recognised by The Legal 500 2022 for Employment: Employers
Recognised in Chambers UK 2021 for Employment: Employer
Recognised by The Legal 500 2021 for Employment: Employers
Recognised by The Legal 500 2021 for Employment: Senior Executives
Recognised in Best Lawyers UK from 2009 – 2022 for Employment Law
Recommended by The Legal 500 2020 for Employment: Employers
Recognised in Chambers UK 2020 for Employment: Employer
Rob Eldridge’s respected practice encompasses a full range of employment work, from contentious High Court claims to policy and advisory matters. Sources say: “He is extremely pragmatic and is able to understand things from the business’s perspective allowing him to tailor advice and support.” Chambers UK 2020
Rob qualified as a solicitor in 1982. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2019, he worked at Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner.