Robert specialises in real estate investment, advising on acquisitions and disposals as well as property financing. With a client base that includes property listed companies, high-net-worth individuals and overseas investors, he has acted on a range of portfolio acquisitions and disposals, and advises corporate tenants on their occupational requirements. Robert also provides advice on Islamic finance in relation to commercial property transactions. Additionally, he has advised landowners on the assembly and disposal of strategic land.
- Acquisitions and disposals (Commercial and Residential)
- Strategic land – site assembly development and disposal
- Property portfolio asset management
- Corporate occupiers
- Lease agreements and general management documentation including new leases and acquisitions for tenants
- Property finance
- High-net-worth residential acquisitions for occupation or investment
- Led the Real Estate team that secured the letting of 40 Chancery Lane, a landmark development of 100,000 sq ft to the Publicis Group. Oversaw the management of a number of buildings in their portfolio and was heavily involved in their bespoke letting documents.
- Acted for a Saudi Arabian family on the acquisition of all their UK commercial real estate investments in excess of £90m of single occupier office space and their subsequent financing.
- Advised a Middle Eastern investor and its Swiss family office over the last 10 years. This varied from dealing with a country estate in Sussex, a bespoke aircraft hangar in Biggin Hill, trophy assets in Belgrave Square and One Hyde Park as well as a sizeable headquarters in Mayfair and commercial acquisitions around the UK. This led to significant exposure to Islamic finance as well.
- Lead real estate partner for the Church Commissioners and dealt with their sizeable strategic land bank, which involved site assembly and preparation and subsequent disposal to leading house builders. This often prompted legacy and ethical issues which required careful consideration.
- Acted on the sale of a prominent £45m office building on the South Bank.
- Advised on Islamic property financing facilities totalling £50m.
- Advised on a planning swap arrangement for conversion to hotel use in West London.
- Advised on the key purchase of a building on a significant business park in the North East.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Committee member of CRELA (Commercial Real Estate Lawyers Association)
Robert qualified as a solicitor in 1999. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2018, he worked at the following firms:
- Charles Russell Speechlys
- SJ Berwin
- Dundas & Wilson