Ronan is a construction law specialist and has impressive domestic and international experience in both contentious and non-contentious matters. He has spent more than 20 years building relationships with and acting for funders, developers, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and construction professionals in the transport, oil and gas, energy, utilities, infrastructure, communications, civil engineering and construction sectors across the UK, Ireland, Europe and Asia.
In terms of non-contentious work, Ronan is consistently retained by funders, developers and employers to give advice on contracts and collateral documentation with regard to UK developments including housing, commercial, leisure, industrial and healthcare projects.
Ronan is qualified in England and Wales and is also admitted in Northern Ireland.
As an incredibly busy company, it is imperative that we have a top legal firm alongside us as we continue to grow. Keystone Law has been a key factor in our ongoing success. Our thanks go to Ronan, especially for his hard work and dedication throughout the years.
Les McCracken, Managing Director
McCue Crafted Fit
- Construction law
- Development projects, acting for funder, developer and employer
- Domestic and cross-border contracts
- Dispute resolution including arbitration, adjudication and mediation
- Collateral warranties, bonds and guarantees
- Professional team appointments
- Contract drafting and amendments
- Acted for a range of REIT’s in the preparation of construction documentation for developments including retail parks; industrial units; healthcare facilities; hotels; student accommodation; office and commercial parks
- Acted for a national engineering association in developing standard forms of contract;
- Acted for a EU developer in relation to a stalled London hotel project
- Acted for a leading EU consultancy undertaking routine assessments of new contract risks;
- Acted for several developers delivering new build student accommodation; out-of-town retail facilities, and residential and commercial units
- Acted for one of the world’s leading museum’s on the design and construction of its new museum
- Acted for specialist contractors in up-dating bespoke contract terms, conditions and amendments
- Acted for a specialist fabrication company in agreeing terms for a long-term supply agreement
- Acted for a US manufacturer in closing out fit-out contracts for its European HO in London
- Acted for a national contractor undertaking a major city centre design and build contract with ongoing contractual support
- Acted for several tenants under-taking fit out works in office and retail premises in central London in securing compliance with Licences to Alter
- Acted for a range of SME specialist contractors on contractual issues
- Acted for an international Tier 1 EPC contractor in relation to the pursuit of time and cost entitlements against the employing authority and downstream against sub-contractors in respect of breach of contract claims
- Acted for a NI bank disputing Bond liability with a local council in respect of a commercial development in GB
- Acted for the administrator of a leading NI contractor in pursuing numerous claims against former retail and other clients
- Acted for several specialist contractors in relation to payment claims being resolved through adjudication and negotiation
- Acted for a national electrical contractor in pursuing a claim for circa €2m damages for breach of contract including delay and disruption
- Acted for a hotel developer in recovering damages from a member of its professional team based on the negligent administration of a building contract
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Ronan qualified as a solicitor in 1983 in Northern Ireland, and 2008 in England and Wales. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2016, he worked at the following firms:
- Systech Solicitors
- Fenwick Solicitors