Rowan specialises in resolving insurance disputes, medical and life sciences litigation, providing advice for inquests and professional regulation. She advises on product liability, clinical trial and medical malpractice claims, regulations, policy coverage and wording disputes, inquests and fitness to practise investigations by regulators.
Rowan’s clients are insurers, private healthcare providers, manufacturers of medical products and pharmaceuticals, charities, SMEs and individuals.
- Fitness to practise proceedings and investigations by regulators
- Claims against doctors and other healthcare professionals
- Product liability and medical device claims
- Clinical trials claims
- Policy coverage disputes
- Resolved group litigation involving hundreds of claims arising from the criminal actions of a surgeon
- Defended group litigation resulting from the use of PIP breast implants
- Dealt with a complex and long-running inquest involving multiple deaths
- Advised on regulations relevant to new pharmaceutical products
- Advised on potential claims involving pelvic mesh and textured breast implants
- Fitness to practise investigations by the GMC, NMC and HCPC
- Advised on policy wordings and insurance coverage disputes
- Represented a multinational mining company in a Court of Appeal victory on jurisdiction
- Advised on CQC registrations
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by The Legal 500 for Commercial Litigation: Mid Market (2023-2024)
Recognised as a Next Generation Partner by The Legal 500 2020 for Clinical Negligence: Defendant
Recognised by The Legal 500 2020 for Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology
Rowan qualified as a solicitor in 1999. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, she worked at the following firms:
- Allen & Overy