Corporate lawyer Sandra is an expert adviser on cross-border corporate transactions, particularly those involving Africa, Canada or the US. Sandra’s expertise includes advising on IPOs and equity capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions, reverse takeovers, strategic investments and joint ventures.
Sandra is experienced in working with publicly listed and private companies in the mining, oil and gas, and technology sectors on equity capital markets and other corporate transactions. She advises many long-standing clients on investments and M&A strategies.
Sandra also has in-house legal experience having spent time as a senior M&A adviser at Citigroup in New York and acting as General Counsel to Avesoro Resources and Altus Strategies Plc.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Reverse takeovers
- Strategic investments
- Joint ventures
- Equity capital markets
- Represented Caracal Energy Inc. in its acquisition by a wholly owned subsidiary of Glencore Xstrata Plc for approximately C$1.35bn.
- Represented Falcon Oil & Gas Ltd (assets in Australia, Hungary and South Africa) on its US$25m financing and its admission to AIM.
- Represented European Goldfields Limited on its C$2.5bn sale to Eldorado Gold Corporation.
- Ongoing corporate governance, English/EEA securities law and regulatory advisory work (including MAR) for Avesoro Resources Inc.
- Represented Aureus Mining Inc. on its US$72m equity fund raising by way of private placement.
- Represented Atmaca Services (Liberia) Inc. on its US$27m acquisition of mining equipment, inventory and receivables from MonuRent (Liberia) Limited and the novation of the mining services agreement in relation to the New Liberty Mine.
- Represented Forte Energy NL on its acquisition by BOS GLOBAL Holdings by way of reverse takeover on AIM.
- Represented MNG Gold Jersey on its US$30m equity investment in Aureus Mining Inc. including advising on the negotiations with Nedbank and FirstRand Bank, lenders to Aureus Mining.
- Represented MNG Gold on its US$25m acquisition of the Youga Mine in Burkina Faso from Endeavour Mining Corp and on the associated net smelter royalty agreement and termination of various operating agreements.
- Represented London Mining plc on its investments and joint ventures in South Africa and South America.
- Represented Lazard & Co Limited as nominated adviser to Stratic Energy Corporation on its introduction to AIM.
- Represented 3i Group plc on its strategic investment in Venture Production plc convertible bonds.
- Represented Gaming Nation Inc. on its acquisition of the BD Sport Group Ltd for £11m.
- Represented EVA Automation Inc. on its acquisition of all the outstanding debt and equity of Bowers & Wilkins.
- Represented Pace plc on its €95m reverse takeover of the set-top box business of Royal Philips Electronics and its C$450m Class 1 acquisition of 2Wire, Inc.
- Represented CryptoLogic Limited, a tri-listed company (TSX/LSE/NASDAQ), on its recommended takeover by Amaya Gaming Group Inc.
- Represented Cendant Corporation on its acquisition of ebookers plc by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Represented e-rewards, Inc. on its £85.1m acquisition of Research Now plc by way of scheme arrangement.
- Represented Capita (Insurance and Benefits Services division) on a strategic asset acquisition and associated commercial agreements.
- Represented Citigroup Global Wealth Management on the acquisition of Quilter Holdings from Morgan Stanley.
- Represented Citigroup Global Consumer Group on the divestiture of Citibank’s pan-European merchant acquiring business.
- Represented GENIVAR Inc. on its £278m recommended cash offer for WSP Group plc.
- Represented Caisse de dépot et placement du Québec in connection with its C$1bn investment in CGI Group Inc. to fund CGI’s recommended takeover of Logica PLC for £1.7bn.
- Represented Cenkos Securities in its capacity as financial adviser and NOMAD to Restore plc on its acquisition of the Harrow Green Group and associated private placement.
- Represented Juridica Investments Limited (a Guernsey-incorporated fund) in relation to its IPO on AIM and secondary capital raisings.
- Represented a private equity consortium on the proposed acquisition of Inmarsat, the international satellite group.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised in Chambers UK (2022-2023) for International Mining
“She is very pragmatic, commercial and easy to deal with.” Chambers UK 2023
Recognised by The Legal 500 2022 for Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
Recognised in The Legal 500 2020 for M&A: Smaller Deals Up To £50m
Recognised in The Legal 500 2020 for Equity Capital Markets – Small-Mid Cap
Recognised in The Legal 500 2020 for Oil and Gas
Recognised in The Legal 500 2020 for Mining and Minerals
Member of the Australia-United Kingdom Chamber of Commerce
Member of Women in Mining
Member of Art for Youth (UK Youth)
Sandra qualified as a solicitor in 2001. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, she worked at the following firms:
- Stikeman Elliott
- Travers Smith
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer