Sarah is a senior employment law expert who assists businesses and senior executives on a variety of employment issues. Her expertise includes advising on complex and sensitive disciplinary and grievance issues, large-scale restructures, redundancy programmes and TUPE. She is also very experienced in advising on senior executive severances, both acting for businesses and executives.
Should a situation arise whereby matters escalate to an employment tribunal, the courts or an injunction is required, Sarah has extensive experience in all areas, obtaining favourable outcomes for clients especially with complex discrimination claims. She is experienced in dealing with sensitive and high-profile cases which involve media interest, managing PR and reputational issues, and obtaining Restricted Reporting Orders.
- All tribunal litigation
- Discrimination claims
- Whistleblowing claims
- Injunctive proceedings
- Complex disciplinaries and grievances
- Restructures/redundancy programmes
- Changes to terms and conditions of employment
- Senior executive appointments and severance
- Successfully defended a highly contentious and sensitive race discrimination claim against a school which attracted significant national media interest. Our client was awarded indemnity costs.
- Successfully resolved a multi-party action brought by a union (on behalf of over 200 employees) against a facilities management company for TUPE-related claims, including protective awards.
- Successfully acted for three female consultant doctors to prevent their employer from forcing them to join an out-of-hours rota.
- Achieved a significant financial award acting for a former employee who claimed she had been sexually harassed by the owner of the company.
- Successfully defended claims brought by two unions for unfair dismissal on behalf of over 100 members.
- Advised a media company on complex TUPE provisions involved in the outsourcing of a service.
- Obtained a High Court interim injunction to enforce restrictive covenants against a former MD.
- Obtained a search and seize order for return of confidential information.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised in The Legal 500 2024 for Employment: Employers
“Sarah Garth is an excellent lawyer, with great client handling skills, and very good attention to detail. She has significant ability to judge a situation and deploy the best tactics in litigation. She has huge commercial and common sense. She is a great all-rounder.” The Legal 500 2024
Sarah qualified as a solicitor in 2001. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2021, she worked at Gateley LLP.