Sarah is an experienced family solicitor who specialises in settling financial disputes between divorcing and unmarried couples.
Her client base includes mid to high-net-worth individuals, business personnel, government employees (those with a public sector pension), sportsmen and women, as well as those from the entertainment industry.
- Financial settlements on divorce
- Pre- and post-marital agreements
- Unmarried property disputes
- Schedule 1, Children Act Proceedings
- Collaborative law
- Advised the CEO of a multinational airline company in relation to jurisdictional issues, child maintenance when CMS does not have jurisdiction and overall financial settlement.
- Advised a client on an application to set aside due to the ex-spouse’s non-disclosure and application to vary maintenance in a case where the asset base was in excess of £35m.
- Advised a client who has several foreign properties, a family business and complex pension issues.
- Advised a client in relation to unmarried property where the ex-partner was seeking to rely on purported variation of declaration of trust.
- Advised a client in relation to an inherited farm and the impact of divorce on the same.
- Advised a client in relation to a family company upon divorce, where assets also included foreign property and major non-disclosure by the ex-spouse.
- Advised a client with a substantial personal injury compensation award on a pre-marital agreement.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
“My divorce was dealt with fairly and I was confident in Sarah’s judgement and expertise.” The Legal 500 2021
“I had a great experience working with Sarah, from start to finish she made me feel prioritised, like she knew what she was doing, and most importantly, she made me feel heard. When I spoke with her, she sounded firm and confident, and I knew I could trust her to fight for me.” The Legal 500 2021
“Sarah Thompson has an unrivalled knowledge of public sector pensions, specifically police pension schemes. She has a fantastic manner with clients; she is confident and reassuring with excellent communication skills.” The Legal 500 2021
Sarah qualified as a solicitor in 1998. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2021, she worked at the following firms:
- Slater & Gordon (previously known as RJW)