Sharon has been a solicitor for over 25 years and has acted as either claimant or defendant solicitor for corporate entities, high-net-worth individuals and various national and international financial institutions.
Sharon has extensive experience of professional negligence claims and has acted in numerous claims against solicitors, valuers, monitoring surveyors, insurance brokers, electronic product designers and accountants, in addition to defending claims against banks and other financial institutions. She has also advised on matters relating to coverage and the aggregation of insurance policies.
- Professional negligence
- Breach of trust and fiduciary duties
- Financial services litigation
- Commercial property and portfolio lending disputes
- Derivative mis-selling claims
- Acted in a £5m claim against a well-known firm of valuers relating to the valuation of a substantial property development in South London.
- Acted for a large financial institution in connection with a claim against valuers for in excess of £4m relating to the valuation of a substantial residential property for refinancing and which involved potential issues of fraud.
- Acted in a £2.5m claim against solicitors for failure to identify overage obligations in connection with the acquisition and refinance of property for a substantial residential development.
- Acted for an international bank on a £6.3m claim against a well-known firm of valuers in connection with the financing of the acquisition of a famous London bar and restaurant.
- Acted for a clearing bank on a £3.5m claim against valuers in respect of the acquisition of commercial units in Bristol.
- Acted in a £2.2m claim against monitoring surveyors for failure to identify cost overruns.
- Acted for a major high-street bank in a £3m claim against both valuers and solicitors in connection with the refinancing of a holiday park in Norfolk.
- Acted for a bank renowned for high-net-worth customers in connection with a claim by a blue-chip company for £750,000 misappropriated by online fraudsters.
- Acted in a £2.2m claim against insurance brokers following a fire at a large car repair workshop after insurance cover had been declined.
- Acted in a £250,000 claim against a printed circuit board designer following the failure of engines into which the boards were placed and the consequential loss of business.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recommended by The Legal 500 (2024) for Professional Negligence: Sharon is praised for delivering an ‘exceptional’ level of service and for providing the ‘highest level’ of representation.
Recommended by The Legal 500 (2023) for Professional Negligence: Sharon is credited for being ‘Attentive to details and thoroughly involved and invested’ and for her ability to ‘swiftly assimilate all the information and provide professional and timely feedback’.
Recommended by The Legal 500 (2021) for Banking Litigation: Sharon is note as being ‘Very knowledgeable and experienced particularly in mis-selling cases.’
Recommended by The Legal 500 (2019) for Banking Litigation: Sharon is described as ‘A friendly, client-facing lawyer.’
Sharon qualified as a solicitor in 1995. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, she worked at the following firms:
- DLA Piper
- Squire Patton Boggs
- Addleshaw Goddard