Simon is an experienced corporate transactional lawyer specialising in equity capital markets. He acts for issuers, principally in connection with IPOs and secondary capital raisings on the Main Market and AIM, and has advised nominated advisers and brokers in connection with various AIM transactions. Simon regularly advises start-ups and growth companies on alternative forms of raising finance, including advising a leading fintech company in connection with its crowdfunding campaigns and several privately held companies in connection with bond offers. He also advises on public and private M&A transactions (both domestic and cross-border).
In addition, Simon advises public and private companies in connection with debt finance facilities and applicable security documentation.
As well as representing issuers coming to the market for the first time, Simon advises issuers and their boards in relation to the ongoing requirements of being a publicly quoted company, including the application of the Listing Rules, The Takeover Code and the Market Abuse Regulation. He is also the Company Secretary of an AIM-quoted company.
We are delighted to announce the completion of the debt restructuring documentation. Extension of the debt’s maturity will enable us to continue with our growth strategy, as we seek to take full advantage of the positive conditions in the global iodine market, and build our position as one of the industry’s best operators. We are very grateful to Simon for his solid counsel and his unwavering dedication in assisting us over the years.
Tom Becker, CEO and President
- Equity capital markets (Main Market, AIM and NEX)
- IPOs and secondary placings
- Corporate finance
- M&A (public and private), including reverse takeovers
- Private equity investment and venture capital
- Investment/shareholders’ agreements
- Advised gohenry, a privately held fintech company which ranked 8th in The Sunday Times’ 2018 Tech Track 100 (ranking the fastest-growing private UK tech companies by revenue), on various corporate transactional matters for several years, including the completion of two crowdfunding campaigns which have raised in excess of £10 million.
- Advised United Oil & Gas Plc (LSE: UOG) and its group companies, which focus on international oil and gas development exploration and production opportunities, in connection with its placing of £3 million and reverse takeover, resulting in the readmission of its enlarged issued share capital to the Official List (by way of Standard Listing) and to trading on the London Stock Exchange’s Main Market for listed securities. Also advised on several secondary placings and various farm-in agreements relating to the ‘buy-in’ of E&P assets across the world.
- Advised Columbus Resources plc (AIM: CERP) on several equity fundraising rounds and public M&A transactions, including the negotiation of a US$3.25 million convertible secured facility.
- Advised Panthera Resources PLC (AIM: PAT), a gold exploration and development company with key assets in India and West Africa, on its admission to AIM.
- Advised AIM-quoted Victoria Oil & Gas Plc (AIM: VOG), an integrated natural gas-producing utility in Cameroon, on a placing and subscription of US$23.5 million which was completed by way of an accelerated bookbuild.
- Advised AIM-quoted Empyrean Energy PLC (AIM: EME), an oil and gas development company with interests in China, Indonesia and the United States, in connection with its open offer.
- Advised Iofina plc (AIM: IOF) in connection with a debt restructuring of its US$20 million convertible secured loan notes and obtaining an additional US$10 million secured term loan facility.
- Led the transactional team advising the selling shareholders of Dorset-based C4L Group Holdings to the subsidiary of an AIM-quoted company for a total consideration of £20.2 million.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised in The Legal 500 2019 for Flotations (Small and Mid-Cap), M&A (Smaller Deals up to £50M), Mining and Minerals, and Oil and Gas.
Praised as a ‘tour de force’ Legal 500 2019
Recognised in The Legal 500 2017 for Flotations (Small and Mid-Cap), M&A (Smaller Deals up to £50M), and Mining and Minerals.
Simon qualified as a solicitor in 2002. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2018, he worked at the following firms:
- Kerman & Co
- Lester Aldridge
- Teacher Stern