Spencer has specialised in commercial property for over 35 years and has a broad spectrum of experience in this area. He advises landowners, developers, active landlords, and tenant owners/occupiers on all aspects of buying, selling, leasing, and developing property.
- Commercial property
- Option, promotion and overage agreements
- Landlord and tenant lease work
- Development sales/purchases, subject to planning
- Acquired (by option agreement) a 50-acre site and dealt with its forward sale to a major data centre operator for a sale price in excess of £80m.
- Acted for the landowner in relation to a complex promotion agreement with a national developer which included liquidated damages provisions and detailed overage, price ratchet and planning permission satisfaction conditions.
- Acted for numerous landowner neighbours who entered into an option agreement with a national developer which involved detailed and complex overage and planning permission satisfaction conditions.
- Acted for long-established landowning clients in connection with the sale of parts of their mixed-use commercial scheme (by the grant of new 999-year leases.) Detailed and specific drafting was required to take into account the client’s retained ownership of a potential future adjoining mixed-use scheme, subject to the grant of planning permission.
- Acted for a national DIY retailer in the sale of a block of its trading businesses from various worldwide sites, being a mixture of leases and freehold ownerships. Acted as the lead solicitor and coordinator of several worldwide legal practices who each dealt with the specific individual sales within their relevant jurisdictions.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Spencer qualified as a solicitor in 1987. Prior to joining Keystone Law, he worked at the following firms:
- Goodman Derrick LLP
- Finers Stephens Innocent LLP
- Halliwell Landau