Stephanie is an expert in complex civil and commercial litigation. She has many years of experience in dispute resolution, as well as emergency injunction applications.
Advising both companies and private individuals, Stephanie has a diverse client base. For businesses she frequently deals with contractual, partnership, company, intellectual property, copyright, shareholder, and insolvency disputes, as well as fraud claims.
For private individuals she regularly resolves a wide variety of disputes ranging from probate issues to transactions, including disputes as to the ownership of works of art.
Additionally, she advises property owners on a range of property disputes, including development, planning and construction disputes, breach of covenants, property damage, injunctions, commercial lease renewal proceedings, party wall matters and enfranchisement.
Stephanie is fluent in French.
- Civil and commercial disputes
- Business and company disputes
- Financial disputes
- Fraud claims
- Property disputes
- Planning advice and disputes
- Intellectual property and copyright matters
- Art law
- Charity law
Civil and Commercial Disputes
- Advised an airline on a dispute with another airline, including asset freezing.
- Dealt with a judicial review application and damages claim.
- Acted for an overseas hospital in High Court proceedings for alleged breach of duty.
- Resolved a major trustee dispute and negotiated a settlement.
- Represented an overseas company in connection with a claim for faulty manufacturing equipment and consequential losses.
- Negotiated a settlement in a dispute between two overseas motor companies.
Fraud and Financial
- Acted for a number of UK and foreign nationals in High Court proceedings concerning several multimillion-pound financial fraud and damages claims.
- Obtained freezing orders to protect assets in advance of litigation.
- Executed search and seizure order in relation to computer equipment and documents.
- Advised clients in business disputes involving contested assets.
- Advised in relation to asset tracing following insolvency proceedings.
- Advised in a cross-border dispute as to the ownership of jewellery.
- Acted for a client in a dispute with a bank following the loss of funds.
Property, Planning & Construction
- Acted for commercial landlords to facilitate extensive redevelopment projects, involving the termination of business tenancies.
- Advised various private individuals in relation to contentious planning applications.
- Successfully opposed planning and redevelopment applications on behalf of both corporate and private clients.
- Resolved a construction dispute involving defective works.
- Acted for clients in a substantial joint venture dispute and negotiated the share of profits attributable to the parties.
- Obtained an injunction to stop a development project and negotiated the basis for the continuation of the same.
Intellectual Property and Copyright
- Acted for a singer-songwriter in a major royalties dispute.
- Resolved various disputes concerning the ownership of art.
- Acted for an overseas distributor in High Court copyright infringement proceedings.
- Advised fashion and design clients in relation to the protection of their designs.
- Advised on branding for new business ventures.
- Resolved various disputes concerning the ownership of works of art.
- Advised galleries in relation to sales and acquisitions.
- Provided advice in relation to auction contracts and disputes.
- Advised galleries in banking disputes.
- Established ownership of a work of art in a trustee dispute.
Charites & Not-For-Profit
- Advised in connection with the planning, fundraising, construction, and maintenance of the Bomber Command Memorial in Green Park, London.
- Advised a charity in connection with a sensitive breach of duty claim.
- Acted for a charity on the acquisition of the assets and obligations of another charity and the extent of the reorganisation required.
- Advised a charity on the revision of its structure.
- Provided advice to charities on fundraising compliance.
- Advised schools on safeguarding matters.
- Provided guidance on public benefit requirements.
- Advised schools and colleges in connection with qualification standards.
- Advised schools and pupils on exclusions.
- Provided talks on legislative changes and compliance.
High-Net-Worth Family Office
- Provided reputation management advice for prominent individuals.
- Advised film and media personalities in connection with breach of privacy and defamation matters.
- Advised individuals in relation to division of assets on separation.
- Acted for clients in probate matters.
- Resolved a dispute concerning the design of a yacht.
Hotels, Hospitality & Leisure
- Advised hotels, restaurants, nightclubs and bars on premises licensing.
- Represented operators regarding property issues.
- Advised a nightclub in connection with a potential breach of its licence.
- Acted on various business lease renewal proceedings.
- Advised on disputed rent reviews.
- Advised an international bank in connection with the relocation of its UK office.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
Freeman of the City of London
Honorary Solicitor to the United Wards’ Club of the City of London
Director of Pragma SCRL, an international alliance of law firms
Member of the Royal Air Force Club
Stephanie qualified as a solicitor in 1993. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, she worked at the following firms:
- Charles Russell Speechlys