Stephen is an experienced corporate lawyer who has been representing businesses and their owners for over 30 years across a wide range of sectors. He has extensive expertise in transactions with a cross-border element and advising foreign companies on corporate transactions that require English legal advice.
Entrepreneurs in particular, frequently turn to Stephen for his expertise in sales and purchases of owner-managed companies and for re-organisations, management buy-outs and buy-ins.
Whilst Stephen’s practice is generally sector-agnostic, he is well known for the work he has done involving estate agencies throughout the UK.
- Sales and acquisitions
- Management buy-outs and buy-ins
- General corporate and commercial advice
- Advising an American on the purchase of a French airline and explaining how the French employment laws are more favourable to the employee than US labour laws.
- Advised on the sale of a multi-office estate agents.
- Advised on the sale of Electoral Reform Services Limited.
- Advised on the sale of a company providing residential care in a number of locations.
- Advised on the sale of an insurance company in Zambia.
- Advised on the expansion of a rapidly growing software reseller.
- Advised on the sale of a robotics company to a US buyer.
- Advised on the sale of a company providing training services pursuant to government contracts.
- Advised on the acquisition of an estate agency.
- Advised a client on the resolution of issues on supply contracts with the US and China.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Stephen qualified as a solicitor in 1977. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2022, he worked at Ince.