Stuart is an experienced oil and gas sector lawyer with over 30 years’ experience. He has worked extensively in-house where he has held a number of senior legal and management roles, in addition to over 10 years’ City practice experience.
Stuart has advised on transactions and projects across Africa, Europe, the Caribbean, Latin America, South East Asia and on the UKCS where he has acted for a broad spectrum of clients, including small to mid-cap E&Ps, multi- and super-nationals, service companies, NOCs and government departments.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Government concessions
- UKCS licence applications
- Establishing incorporated and unincorporated joint venture arrangements, including unitisation
- NPI and royalty agreements
- Drilling contracts
- Seismic and reprocessing agreements
- FPSO agreements
- Service and supply contracts
- Transportation and processing arrangements
- Gas and condensate offtake agreements
- Short-term and long-term LNG sales
- Advised Pura Vida Energy NL on the acquisition of interest in Liesa Energy Sp.zo.o and Gora Energy zo.o.
- Advised IOG on the restructuring and sale of licence interests and on the purchase of Thames Onshore Infrastructure at Bacton.
- Advised Trafalgar Oil & Gas on the purchase of Nigerian modular refineries.
- Advised Cabot Energy on the corporate acquisition High Power Petroleum (NOP) UK Limited.
- Advised Bridge Petroleum on its corporate acquisition of Orlando Field from IONA, including administration and financing-related work, crude sales and EPC.
- Advised CLH on its ground fuels transportation and processing agreements.
- Advised Echo Petroleum on a joint evaluation and application agreement in Bolivia.
- Advised Hansa Hydrocarbons on the sale of Hansa Hydrocarbons LAPS Ltd.
- Advised HMRC Treasury on decommissioning relief deed submissions.
- Advised BG Group on feedstock arrangements for OKLNG (Nigeria) and on LNG sales.
- Advised BG Group on feedstock arrangements for Atlantic T2 and unitisation of NCMA fields (Trinidad).
- Advised Serica on Namibian, Tunisian and East Irish Sea farm-outs and Columbus unitisation.
- Advised TOTAL on Angolan and Indonesian PSCs.
- Advised Vitol on Ivory Coast PSC and gas sales.
- Advised BG Group on UKCS Seymour development.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
Stuart qualified as a solicitor in 1989. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, he worked at the following firms:
- Bond Dickinson
- Rowe & Maw