Sungjin advises employers on redundancies, disciplinaries and grievances as well as dismissals. His particular strength lies in conducting successful cases in Employment Tribunals as well as negotiating settlements for employers in the Technology and Financial Services sectors.
Sungjin has a broad advisory practice in other sectors including Media, Energy & Natural Resources and Shipping. This includes assisting with employment contracts, consultancy agreements and staff handbooks. He also advises on restrictive covenants, discrimination and whistleblowing issues.
Some of Sungjin’s major clients include:
- Cheil Europe
- GIIR t/a HS Ad
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction
- Hyundai Heavy Industries
- IBK Bank
- Kookmin Bank
- Korean Reinsurance Company
- LG Electronics UK
- SK Energy
- SK Lubricants
- SK Shipping Europe
- True World Foods (UK)
- Woori Bank
Sungjin acts as legal counsel for the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the UK.
Sungjin speaks English and Korean.
Sung is an exceptionally commercial and astute advisor and we have benefited greatly from his experience and problem-solving skills.
CFO of LG Electronics UK
Sung consistently provides commercial, thoughtful and timely advice.
Seungha Yoo – Managing Director of HS Ad UK
(Marketing Subsidiary for LG Electronics UK)
Sung advised us on a major re-organisation with diligence, compassion and commercial acumen.
Jae Woong Lee – Financial Manager of Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI)
Sung assisted us with our internal contractual documentation and his advice was very pragmatic and commercial. His strength lies in simplifying complicated issues.
Chan Beom Park – General Manager of KEB Hana Bank
Sung helped us with a desperately needed restructuring work. He made what was a complicated undertaking look easy by taking a commercial and practical approach to the issues that needed resolving. He got to the bottom of the core issues quickly.
Joonho Chung – General Manager of Hyundai Engineering & Construction (HEC)
- Employment contracts and staff handbooks
- Consultancy agreements
- Employment Tribunal disputes
- Disciplinaries, grievances and dismissals
- Restrictive covenants
- Settlement agreements
- Whistleblowing and discrimination disputes
- Corporate support
- Advised on a major reorganisation for a major international Korean technology company
- Advised on senior employee exits for a major international Korean technology company
- Advised on HR/employment matters for a major international Korean technology company
- Advised on an Employment Tribunal case for a Korean fintech company, successfully striking out the claim
- Advised on HR/employment matters for a Korean fintech company
- Advised on HR/employment issues for major Korean commercial banks
- Advised on a major disciplinary and dismissal of an employee for a major Korean commercial bank
- Advised on a major redundancy for a large Korean commercial bank
- Advised on an employment contract issue for a major Korean commercial bank
- Advised on Covid-19-related issues for a major Korean commercial bank
- Advised on a major redundancy for a large Korean energy company
- Advised on modern slavery obligations for a large Korean energy company
- Advised on negotiating a senior employee exit for a large Korean energy company
- Advised on an employee fraud issue for a large Korean lubricants company
- Advised on a senior employee service contract for a Korean lubricants company
- Advised on various senior employee exits for a Korean marketing company
- Advised on an Employment Tribunal dispute for a Korean marketing company, leading to successful settlement
- Advised on business immigration issues for a Korean marketing company
- Advised and drafted employment contracts and staff handbook for a Korean marketing company
- Advised on a data protection matter for a Korean marketing company
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Member of Employment Lawyers Association (ELA)
Sungjin qualified as a solicitor in 2013. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2021, he worked at Addleshaw Goddard as a solicitor advocate and was the Senior Director of the Korea Business Group.