Susan is a real estate lawyer specialising in both commercial and residential property. Her client base consists, largely, of retail owners, landlords and tenants. With fifteen years’ experience, Susan is well placed to deal with a range of complex commercial property matters.
Susan is also a Notary Public and can advise on all aspects of notarial work including authenticating company and business documents and transactions, certifying company documents, and witnessing signatures on contracts for the purchase or sale of land abroad.
- Freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals – retail, offices, warehouses, industrial estates, mixed-use properties
- Lease agreements, new leases and acquisitions for landlord and tenants
- Freehold and leasehold sales and purchases – offices, shops, dental surgeries GP surgeries, restaurants, industrial warehouses, art galleries
- Lease assignment, underletting, surrender agreements and rent deposits
- Acquisition and disposal of development land
- 1954 Act renewals and determinations
- Licences to alter, assign, underlet and tenancy at will
- High-end property purchases and sales of freehold and leasehold property, grant of new leases, and mortgaging and re-mortgaging of properties
- Assisting an established Art Gallery in acquiring their various commercial premises to include negotiating heads of terms
- Assisting and advising an established chain of estate agents in the sale of their portfolio of office premises
- Advising and assisting a high-profile barristers’ chambers in the acquisition of various freehold properties where purchases were made through a pension fund
- Successfully negotiating a restaurant lease on renewal under Part II of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 where tactics were used to secure a reduced rent for the tenant
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Susan qualified as a solicitor in 2000. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2016, she worked at the following firms:
- Russell Cooke
- Alan Edwards & Co