Susannah advises on all aspects of EU and UK competition law and has regulatory expertise in technology, travel, air transport, financial services and telecommunications.
She has considerable experience in both the public and private sectors having worked for the European Commission, the UK Cabinet Office and the European Court of Justice prior to working in private practice.
Susannah speaks French and Spanish.
- EU and UK merger clearances, acquisitions and joint ventures
- Market investigations and competition enquiries
- Anti-competitive agreements and practices such as price fixing, market sharing, information exchanges, cartels and restrictive practices
- Abuse of dominant market position
- Copyright and intellectual property issues relating to competition law
- Competition compliance programmes and training
- Strategic and behavioural competition and regulatory advice
- Competition law strategy and compliance in the context of standardisation
- Media and telecommunications
- Travel and air transport
- Competition complaints and litigation including “follow-on” and “stand-alone” damages claims
Media & Telecommunications
- Advising and representing client in relation to OFT investigation into outdoor advertising.
- Advising major on-line services provider on competition compliance, and on the use of competition law in commercial negotiations with dominant suppliers.
- Advising on and restructuring the EEA regulatory licensing requirements for a major on-line services provider.
Pharmaceutical & Medical
- Advising on EU competition and compliance for a large generic pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Advising on EU advice relating to pharmaceutical and food labelling and borderline food/pharma issues.
- Advising on the competition law implications of JVs in both the pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
- Advising on competition law and regulatory implications of generic and proprietary pharmaceutical pricing.
- Advising a medical devices company on strategic and market issues relating to suppliers with a dominant market position.
- Advising on EU competition advice relating to off label use.
Travel & Air Transport
- Advised and represented Lasham Gliding Society (LGS) the UK’s largest gliding club (and one of the largest gliding clubs in the world) in relation to the Airspace Change Proposal (ACP) made by TAG Farnborough in which a large volume of controlled airspace close to LGS was sought.
- Advised the British Gliding Association in relation to communications with the CAA about the manner in which the CAA takes decisions in relation to changes to the UK’s airspace.
- Advised on judicial review proceedings against the CAA in relation to its TAG Farnborough Airspace Change Proposal “ACP” Decision.
- Advising on and project managing the regulatory approval process for the EEA business expansion of a major multinational travel provider.
- Defending an equities trading exchange against claims of abuse of dominant market position.
- Advising UK regulatory authority on the application of EU and UK regulation to the fulfilment of its core regulatory and review functions.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by The Legal 500 2022 for Aviation
Recognised by the Legal 500 2021 for Aviation
Recognised by the Legal 500 2017
Susannah “quickly gets to the heart of the issue, anticipating all the angles and identifying solutions to achieve clients’ objectives reasonably and proportionately” Chambers UK 2013
Member of the UK Competition Law Association
Member of the Law Society’s Competition Section
Susannah qualified as a solicitor in 1998. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2011, she worked at the following firms:
- Kemp Little
- Addleshaw Goddard
- European Commission