Ted is a highly experienced corporate and commercial lawyer specialising in advising entrepreneurs, technology companies and investors in relation to equity financings/investments and a wide range of other corporate transactions (including crowdfundings, private placings, secondary transfers, advance subscription/SAFE and convertible loan facilities, venture debt arrangements, share buybacks, management buy-outs and M&A transactions). Ted works on transactions with businesses at all stages, from start-ups through to later-stage financings and exits.
In addition to his private practice career, Ted has worked in-house with Accel Partners and Balderton Capital (formerly Benchmark Europe), two of Europe’s leading venture capital firms, which gives him a unique knowledge and understanding of the needs and objectives of institutional investors.
- Equity fundraising including convertible instruments
- Venture capital and private equity transactions
- Private company mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Shareholders’ agreements
- General company law advice and assistance
- Advised numerous tech start-ups on equity fundraising transactions via priced rounds or ASA/SAFE/ convertible note issuances.
- Advised a German-based technology start-up on a UK “flip” transaction, including conversion of existing debt and a subsequent Series A equity fundraising.
- Advised Lantum.com, a London-based healthcare tech start-up, on a Series A fundraising from a European VC and syndicated investors.
- Advised Justpark (parking app company) on its successful £3.7m crowdfunding campaign, convertible note fundraising from Index Capital and its subsequent Series A fundraising.
- Advised Tessian (email security business) on its Series B fundraising led by Sequoia Capital.
- Advised Guinness Asset Management on numerous equity investment transactions.
- Advised several early-stage drinks businesses in relation to investments by Diageo and their participation in the Diageo accelerator program.
- Acted for individual shareholders of a manufacturer of fibre optic cable products on a trade sale to a US corporate buyer.
- Advised Yulife (group insurance provider) on its Series B fundraising let by Target Global.
- Developed a suite of standard UK investment documents for a new European pre-seed fund.
Ted qualified as a solicitor in 1997. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2023, he worked at the following firms:
- Lawrence Graham
- Nabarro LLP
- JAG Shaw Baker
- Kesteven Partners