Terrence advises on international and domestic family law, with a particular focus on complex, high-value cases including divorce and financial proceedings, as well as children’s matters arising from the family breakdown. His work often involves cross-border disputes and cases that involve contested jurisdictions and has spanned Europe, Middle East, Russia, Asia and the United States.
Terrence studied law and commerce with a specialisation in tax which paved the way to his specialisation in complex finance work. He also regularly works alongside forensic accountants for clients who believe that their spouse may be hiding or moving assets or are otherwise being deceptive with family wealth. He also deals with a variety of cases, in particular clients looking to leave a controlling and difficult relationship and who wish to have robust legal representation.
An exceptional lawyer.
A reputable professional in his field with exceptional ability to articulate current positions and future outcomes with grace and integrity.
Terrence Trainor is a very accomplished family lawyer with commercial sensibility and high level experience.
The Legal 500 2022
- Negotiation of complex financial settlements
- Tax issues, family businesses, corporate entities and trust structures
- Protection of assets, including international freezing injunctions
- Setting aside transactions under section 37
- Financial claims brought after a foreign divorce
- Provision for children (brought by parent on behalf of the child) under Schedule 1
- Non-molestation and occupation orders
- Early-stage assistance and negotiations to drive stalled negotiations or prepare for final hearing
- Child arrangement disputes
- International relocation for children
- Substantial capital and maintenance awards for clients, including school fees order
- Successful negotiation of favourable pre-nuptial agreements for the financially weaker party
- Successful court applications brought to compel extensive financial disclosure, with cost orders imposed for the party that sought to frustrate the financial disclosure process
- Representation of clients at round table meetings
- Successfully fought applications to resist spouse relocating overseas with the children
- Applications for substantial interim maintenance, which was agreed to continue on a final basis
- Variation applications to set aside maintenance orders for a clean break order
- Represented clients in several very complex Schedule 1 applications
- Applications for non-molestation, occupation orders or regulation of the family home
- Representation of clients seeking a change of school and child arrangements order
- Representation of clients with worldwide assets in excess of £500m
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by The Legal 500 2023 for Family
Recognised by The Legal 500 2022 for Family
“Terrence Trainor is a very accomplished family lawyer with commercial sensibility and high level experience.” The Legal 500 2022
Terrence has featured as a family law commentator on national radio and in publications including Spears, Lawyers Weekly and Money Magazine.
Terrence qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales in 2003 and is also qualified in Australia. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, he worked at the following firms:
- Bircham Dyson Bell
- Fletcher Day