His practice focuses on commercial contracts and in particular on complex commercial projects. He regularly advises businesses on a cross-section of operational matters, including licensing arrangements, marketing contracts, advertising compliance, sponsorship arrangements, commercial joint ventures, collaboration and partnering arrangements, distribution arrangements, warehousing and logistics contracts, terms and conditions (including consumer-facing terms), and services agreements.
- Commercial law
- Supply of goods and services
- Joint ventures
- Franchise agreements
- Advertising compliance
- Marketing agreements
- Sponsorship arrangements
- Consumer law compliance
- Legal audits and due diligence
- Advised a UK Government department on the contract novation aspects of a project to merge entities to form an important new public body with significant funding.
- Advised a major UK supermarket on a range of commercial contracts including distribution, logistics, warehousing; and supply arrangements and suites of template contracts for a number of “business as usual” activities.
- Advised an international company operating an online sale platform on the key regulatory requirements for establishing an e-commerce business in the UK.
- Advised a leading UK food and drink brand on its logistics and warehousing arrangements and international arrangements with distributors across Europe.
- Advised a private healthcare provider on a range of procurement contracts and its patient terms and condition.
- Advised a major UK supermarket in relation to a number of co-operation and joint venture project launches.
- Advised a major UK motoring brand on a range of commercial contracts relating to commercial joint ventures and technology development and exploitation.
- Advised an international energy company on the commercial aspects of a number of acquisitions.
- Advised an international manufacturer on supply chain reconciliation in India.
- Advised an international chemicals supplier on new global supply arrangements into India.
- Advised a UK rail transport operator on the launch of a new advertising campaign.
- Providing regular advertising clearance advice on consumer promotions to a leading private healthcare provider and a leading private dental care provider.
- Advised a major UK supermarket in relation to celebrity partnerships and endorsements.
- Advised a global brand consultancy on various bespoke customer agreements to support brand experience projects and new product activations.
- Advised on social media influencer agreements for new online campaigns.
- Advised an America’s Cup team spin-out on all aspects of its arrangements to exploit and protect its intellectual property and technology rights in the field of competitive sailing.
- Advised a services provider on its appointment and renegotiation of terms to supply HD coverage and integrity services at major sporting fixtures.
- Advised on motor racing sponsorship from a major car manufacturer brand.
- Advised on the launch of a new horse racing series, including advising on domestic and international sponsorship arrangements.
- Secondment to the London Organising Committee for the Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2011–2012, advising on procurement,sponsorship activation and brand protection in the run-up to and during the London Games.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised in the Legal 500 2020 for Commercial Contracts
Recognised in the Legal 500 2020 as a Next Generation Lawyer for Commercial Contracts
Recognised in the Legal 500 2019 as a Next Generation Lawyer for Commercial Contracts
Tim qualified as a solicitor in 2010. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2019, he worked at the following firms:
- Burges Salmon
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer