Toby is a commercial lawyer who works with businesses in high tech and regulated sectors, including finance, telecommunications and the growing space and satellite industry. He advises on the drafting and negotiation of commercial, IT, telecommunications and outsourcing contracts.
Toby also assists with the structuring of commercial arrangements and procurement strategies.
- Commercial contracts
- IT and telecommunications contracts
- Financial services
- Procurement strategies
- Space and satellites
- Advised a financial services company on a project to remediate its supplier contracts for compliance with the EBA Outsourcing Guidelines.
- Advised a card issuer on contracts to achieve PSD2 compliance.
- Advised a financial services company on the procurement of a new telephony solution.
- Advised a financial services company on an agreement for fintech services.
- Advised a financial services company on a suite of more than 60 contracts for a diverse range of services, including IT, facilities management and telecommunications.
- Lead adviser to a professional services company on its commercial contracts, standard supply agreements and procurement strategy.
- Lead adviser to a financial services company on its supply-side commercial contracts, standard agreements, SYSC8 compliance and procurement strategy.
- Advised a national energy infrastructure company on a number of procurement and services agreements for telecommunications services.
- Advised a multi-national pharmaceuticals company on a global IT outsourcing.
- Acted for a venture capital firm in relation to the MBO of a leading price comparison website.
- Advised a start-up telecoms company on its standard terms of business for consumers and business customers.
- Advised a satellite operating company on a series of contracts for the procurement and operation of a telecommunications satellite.
- Advised a satellite manufacturer on various contracts for the manufacture and sale of satellites and related services.
- Drafted the satellite launch services agreements for the first UK launch operator.
- Advised a satellite operator on various contracts, including launch services contracts and on-orbit operations.
- Advised a launch site operator on contracting arrangements with launch service providers.
- Advised a satellite operator on issues relating to a contract for the procurement of multiple satellites.
- Advised a start-up company on contracts for the provision of data and related services relating to a satellite.
- Advised a national satellite operator on a dispute relating to spectrum issues.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised in The Legal 500 2022 for IT and Telecoms
Toby qualified as a solicitor in 2000. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2021, he worked at the following firms:
- Allen & Overy
In addition, Toby was the senior UK legal adviser to two divisions of the major US bank State Street Bank and Trust Company.