Tracy has advised on a broad range of complex and high-value matters across the public and private sectors and has held senior strategic positions in a number of technology companies, and before joining Keystone, she worked for seven years in-house at Motorola Solutions.
- Commercial contracts
- Confidentiality agreements (NDAs)
- Consultancy agreements
- Content acquisition agreements
- Contracts for the sale/supply of complex technology solutions, including wireless network infrastructure, mobile devices, digital entertainment devices, digital and IP video solutions, passive optical networking solutions, cable modems and gateways
- Data protection/privacy, including GDPR, RTBF, SAR, Binding Corporate Rules, data registrations and audits
- Distribution agreements
- General advice on e-commerce, including consumer issues and liability for content
- Heads of terms, letters of intent (LOIs) and memoranda of understanding (MOUs)
- Hosting agreements
- Integration, maintenance and support agreements
- Interconnect arrangements
- IT outsourcing/disaster recovery arrangements and facilities management
- Joint venture and collaboration agreements
- Managed services agreements
- Master services agreements
- Procurement and/or supply of network infrastructure, and of standard/bespoke hardware and software
- RFQs, RFPs, ITTs and PQQs
- Software licences
- Sponsorship and branding arrangements, and advertising copy clearance
- Teaming agreements
- Website design/development agreements
- Acted as consultant for a US technology multinational in complex commercial transactions throughout the EMEA and advised on strategy and business risk.
- Acted as lead negotiator for Motorola on a billion-dollar project in Norway, which entailed negotiations with the Norwegian Government, the exiting supplier company and numerous back-to-back subcontracts.
- Senior Counsel for Motorola based in Dubai responsible for all commercial work carried out throughout Africa, including:
- Algeria – negotiated and concluded the contract for the supply and installation of TETRA system with BP Oil.
- Eritrea – negotiated and concluded a number of technology contracts with EriTel for the provision of Eritrea’s only mobile and landline networks.
- Libya – negotiated the nationwide roll out contract for the supply of TETRA system with Libyan United Telecommunications Company and negotiated a related third-party sales rep agreement with a local Libyan company.
- Morocco – advised on various contracts with a number of Moroccan technology companies, including face-to-face meetings in Rabat.
- Mozambique – negotiated and concluded the nationwide roll out of UMTS network (3G) with MoviTel, the biggest tech provider in Mozambique.
- Interim Head of Foxtel legal department, managing a team of junior lawyers, drafting and negotiating media contracts, advertising agreements and reporting to CEO of Foxtel.
- Supported one of the main web services providers indata protection and privacy issues throughout Europe, including ensuring compliance with the upcoming GDPR, Right To Be Forgotten, Subject Access Requests and correspondence with the various European data protection commissioners.
- Ensured compliance with data protection regulations for Motorola for storage of call data records, including the Data Protection Directive, Personal Data Act (Norway), Freedom of Information (numerous jurisdictions), Security Services Act (Scandinavia), Data Protection Act(UK), and including meetings with Data Inspectorate in Norway and London Metropolitan Police in UK to discuss ownership, control and use of personal information.
- Negotiated the emergency services network for the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- Negotiated the emergency services network for the UK’s police, fire and ambulance services throughout the UK.
- Negotiated the London Underground network for the entire Tube system.
- Negotiated the nationwide WiMAX infrastructure deal in Pakistan.
- Advised a major telecommunications company in Indonesia on restructuring all vendor contracts to best protect its network, including: managing multi-vendor negotiations for both hardware and software support; drafting the supply, install, operations and maintenance agreements; and chairing roundtable negotiations with all vendors in Jakarta, including Ericsson, Nokia Siemens, Huawei and Alcatel Lucent.
- Structured, advised and negotiated the sale of radio-communications spectrum licences for the roll out of broadband in regional Australia.
- Managed the legal department of O2 Communications for four years.
- Negotiated numerous commercial contracts with Etisalat and Du in Dubai.
- Negotiated nationwide network with Saudi Telecom (Bravo).
- Negotiated Master Services Agreement and numerous technology contracts with the Atheeb Group in KSA.
- Negotiated a secure radio network with Abu Dhabi Police.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Tracy qualified as a solicitor in 2005. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2016, she worked at the following firms:
- Motorola Solutions
- Vodafone Group
- O2 Communications