Yasmin is an award-winning family lawyer who advises on all aspects of private family law, particularly when the situation is complex, international and/or high stakes. Typically, Yasmin advises on the division of finances on divorce primarily between high-net-worth and high-profile couples, including assets located in multiple jurisdictions, overseas pensions, and complex income and bonus structures.
She also specialises in drafting wealth protection agreements, including cohabitation agreements, separation agreements and pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, including advising clients when they or their partner live in another jurisdiction; to date, she has advised clients with a connection to Thailand, Lithuania, Argentina, Spain, Italy, Poland, the Netherlands, USA, France, India and Greece.
Yasmin’s clients range from successful business professionals, celebrities and lawyers, to stay-at-home mothers, expats, international clients and ‘silver separators’ of 70+.
Yasmin runs a successful legal Instagram account under the handle @londonfamilysolicitor.
Unmatched support and guidance throughout my divorce proceedings.
Divorce and Finance client
Fantastic throughout the entire process and had my back with every turn of events along the way.
Divorce and Finance client
Balanced, measured and proactive approach when dealing with you and treat you as an individual when dealing with sensitive time-dependent issues.
Divorce, Finance and Children client
Very responsive and it has been life-changing for me. Highly recommend.
Divorce, Finance and Children client
I can honestly say having Grainne and Yasmin’s support made a very emotional, difficult and stressful time much easier. Not only did they succeed in gaining me more precious time with my son, it was all settled outside of court saving further stress and money.
I found Grainne and Yasmin very professional but also extremely compassionate when dealing with my recent divorce. I would recommend Keystone Law and their team to anyone requiring the professional services they offer.
- Divorce and dissolution of civil partnerships
- Division of finances on divorce
- Children disputes, including child arrangement orders, prohibited steps orders, specific issue orders, instruction of education and health experts and return of passport orders
- Relocation abroad with children and appeals
- Property disputes between unmarried couples and related civil litigation under Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 (TLATA)
- Pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements
- Separation agreements
- Cohabitation agreements
- Non-molestation and occupation orders
- Interim financial remedy applications on divorce
- Appeals in financial remedy proceedings
- Section 37 proceedings and freezing injunctions
- Maintenance pending suit
- Enforcement of financial orders
- Loss of litigation capacity and litigation friends
- Acting for or against persons with a limited life expectancy
- Notice to show cause applications
- Private FDRs
- Litigated and represented a wife and lawyer where assets exceeded £60 million.
- Litigated and represented a senior vice president of a multinational company where there was 19 years of significant post-separation accrual, complex bonus and share structure and assets exceeding £8 million.
- Litigated and represented a housewife where assets exceeded £32 million in three continents.
- Litigated and represented a housewife in section 37 MCA 1973 disposition of land proceedings in North Wales concerning plots of land with fracking potential. The client recovered 100% of her costs.
- Represented a ‘silver separator’ who had been married for over 15 years. She lost litigation capacity 5 days before the final hearing. Obtained a formal capacity assessment and appointed a litigation friend.
- Litigated and represented an expat wife living in Dubai in maintenance pending suit proceedings. The client recovered 100% of their costs.
- Litigated and represented a ‘silver separator’ who divorced 20 years ago. She believed that a financial consent order had been reached in 1994. Submitted a notice to show cause application. Assets comprised multiple plots of farmland with significant development potential and approved planning permission. Assets exceeded £8 million.
- Litigated and represented a husband in a financial remedy consent order seeking to set it aside on the basis of undue influence or duress, including consideration of questionable judicial conduct.
- Litigated and represented a wife, ‘silver separator’ and carer whose husband was terminally ill with just months left to live. In-depth consideration was given to the wife’s potential claims under the Inheritance Act.
- Litigated and represented applicant mothers in their applications to permanently relocate abroad with their children. Countries include New Zealand, Canada and Greece.
- Litigated and represented applicant fathers who have been refused contact, or meaningful contact, with their children following separation.
- Litigant and represented a mother in expedited court proceedings where the mother had a six-month life expectancy and five daughters.
- Litigated and represented a paternal grandmother and paternal aunt who sought parental responsibility and a child arrangements order in respect of their niece/granddaughter. The Cafcass officer recommended no contact between the mother and child.
- Litigated and represented a father who successfully sought a child arrangement order that the child live with him and spend time with the mother at the father’s discretion. The mother was sectioned under the Mental Health Act on a number of occasions throughout the proceedings.
- Litigated and represented a mother who sought stringent safeguards before consenting to the children travelling to a country in the Middle East with their father.
- Drafted a pre-nuptial agreement for the director of a well-known club in Chelsea to protect wealth exceeding £16 million.
- Drafted a post-nuptial agreement for a Spanish national to protect wealth exceeding £11 million where the wife was a Brazilian national.
- Drafted a cohabitation agreement for an elderly widower looking to live with his new partner to protect assets exceeding £4 million.
- Drafted a pre-nuptial agreement for a 75-year-old male. He was engaged to a much younger woman who was a Thai national and lived in Southeast Asia. He wished to protect his modest assets to pass them down to his son from a previous marriage upon his death.
- Litigated and represented a claimant in enforcing a Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 court order made in 2016, concerning orders made in 1994. The client recovered 80% of his costs.
- Acted for a claimant who owned several properties with her partner, including properties held in her partner’s sole name and in the name of companies. Sought a sale of the joint properties, a beneficial interest on the basis of a constructive trust in the properties held in the partner’s sole name and a share of the companies.
- Drafted a number cohabitation agreements to protect property held in joint and sole names.
- Represented a number of high-net-worth and high-profile individuals, including heads of international cooperations, MBE British rappers, supermodels, lawyers and investment managers. Specialist expertise in advising on divorce and separation in the USA, Greece, Iran, Lebanon and the UAE.
- Represented Applicant father in the High Court case T (A Child Hague Convention proceedings)  EWHC 3554 (Fam) for the return of his son from England to El Salvador.
- Represented Intervenor Ms Hussain in Court of Appeal case Akhter v Khan  EWCA Civ 122 concerning the validity of Islamic marriages.
Recognised in The Legal 500 for Family (2023-2024)
“She is enterprising, incredibly hardworking and generous of her time.”
The Legal 500 2023, recognised as a Key Lawyer
Qualified Mental Health First Aider (2023)
Winner of the International Academy of Family Lawyers (IAFL) European Chapter Young Lawyers Award 2022
Winner of the LexisNexis Family Law Awards 2021 Young Solicitor of the Year award
Winner of the LexisNexis Family Law Awards 2021 Legal Commentator of the Year award
Gold winner of the City Wealth Future Leaders Awards 2021 for Family Lawyer of the Year (Associate) award
Member of Resolution, Women in Family Law and the American Bar Association
Yasmin qualified as a solicitor in 2019. Prior to joining Keystone Law, she worked at the following firms:
- Clyde & Co
- Hanne & Co