Carolina Gerding is an experienced lawyer in telecommunications regulatory issues, intellectual property and a variety of corporate and commercial matters gained working in law firms such as Baker McKenzie (Buenos Aires), Johnson and Pump (Riyadh), boutique consulting firm Hyde & Associates (Paris) and The Arab Network for Human Rights Institutions (Doha).
She speaks fluent English, French and Spanish.
- Telecommunications regulations
- Satellite systems
- Carrier relations
- Data protection
- Intellectual property
- Advised international corporations on trademark protection, litigated on opposition to trademark registration, trademark infringement and domain name cybersquatting, carried court orders on seizure of counterfeited goods.
- Advised international consortia, diplomatic missions and NGOs on the establishment and operation of world wide VSAT networks.
- Advised in dispute resolution and litigation matters before the National Regulatory Authority (ARCEP), liaised and lobbied with Telecommunications Operators Federation, assisted in the establishing of international partner agreements, advised on negotiations of interconnection and call collection/termination costs and provided in-house support.
- Assisted with the organisation of the Third Arab-American-Iberian Dialogue of National Human Rights Institutions on “Combating Hate Speech and Extremism”.
- Advised on a variety of corporate and commercial matters.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Caroline is a qualified lawyer in France and Argentina. Prior to joining Keystone Law Middle East in 2022, she worked at the following firms:
- Alsharif Law in collaboration with Johnson & Pump (Riyadh)
- The Arab Network for Human Rights Institutions (Doha)
- Prosodie – Capgemini (Paris)
- Hyde & Associates (Paris)
- Baker & McKenzie (Buenos Aires)