Christian is a commercial lawyer who specialises in aerospace, defence, security, outsourcing and technology projects.
For over 14 years Christian has advised on some of the most complex and high value aerospace, defence and security projects in the region. In addition, Christian also advises customers and suppliers on a range of technology and outsourcing projects in sectors including aerospace, defence, health, education and financial services.
Having advised government, semi-government and contractors in both the UK and the UAE, Christian has extensive experience of procurement, bid compliance and procurement reform.
- Autonomous air, sea and land systems
- Multi-source platform integration contracts
- International trade, letters of credit and escrow
- Collaboration structures – MOUs, JVs, agency and distribution agreements
- Systems integration and tower contacting
- Facilities and maintenance outsourcing
- Bailments and leasing
- Technology and outsourcing
- Cloud computing, SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
- Procurement, bid compliance and procurement challenges
- IP protection and exploitation
- Business process outsourcing
- Dispute resolution and settlements
- Advising customers on numerous contracts to acquire autonomous air, sea and land systems
- Advising a customer on the acquisition of autonomous reconnaissance UAV swarm with cloud-based AI.
- Advising a leading UK defence contractor on a vessel bailment agreement for retrofitting autonomous technology.
- Advising a UK aerospace contractor on the sale of aircraft maintenance staging equipment to a leading UAE ROMC provider.
- Advising a customer on a R&D contract to develop a counter UAV system.
- Advising customers in the UK and Middle East on the acquisition of ocean patrol vessels.
- Advising a customer on the acquisition of satellite communication services.
- Advising on numerous acquisitions of customised military training simulators.
- Successfully resolved disputes on behalf of clients with contractors including SAS, Sikorsky, Eurocopter, L3 and FLIR.
- Advising on air, sea and land platform integration agreements with GFE and multi-sourcing.
- Advising a leading financial services BPO provider, providing services to leading City of London finance institutions, on the acquisition of a software licence with European exclusivity from DST Global Solutions.
- Advising a leading financial services BPO provider on a £70m transfer agency agreement with JP Morgan for funds located in the UK and Luxembourg
- Advising a UK police constabulary on a long-term strategic partnering agreement for the provisions of ICT services to construct a new command and control centre.
- Advising a devolved government on a SAAS agreement for the provision of a virtual learning platform.
- Advising a leading UK Building Society on an agreement with Sage Pay including the export of personal data.
- Advising a leading financial services BPO provider on a multi-million pounds BPO project with The Hartford involving bespoke software development using the agile software development methodology.
- Advising a leading financial services BPO provider, on an “evergreen” BPO cloud computing agreement with benchmarking.
- Advising a consortium of UK fire and rescue services, through the competitive dialogue procedure, on an 8 year project to develop, deliver and support a single command and control centre for 999 calls – awarded to Capita.
- Advising a UK health board, through the competitive dialogue procedure, on a long-term managed equipment services agreements for the provision of bio chemistry services with benchmarking.
- Advising a devolved government on the acquisition of patrol boats using the open procedure.
- Advising a government department of its Acquisition Handbook, SOPs and procurement procedures.
- Advising a devolved government via the competitive dialogue procedure on outsourcing the operation of a military aerodrome to Serco.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Prior to joining Keystone Law Middle East, Christian worked for the following organisations:
- Presidential Guard Command, UAE Armed Forces
- Blake Morgan LLP
- Special Operations Command, UAE Armed Forces
- Allen & Overy LLP