Dr Ihab Idris is a skilled lawyer and arbitrator based in the United Arab Emirates, with over 20 years of private practice and in-house experience, delivering legal advice on a range of practice areas covering family law, criminal and civil/commercial litigation with a particular focus on high-profile clients.
Ihab has gained extensive experience in various arenas of arbitration and is an active member of several professional institutions, namely, DIAC (Dubai International Arbitration Centre), IICRA (International Islamic Centre for Reconciliation and Arbitration), CIArb (Chartered Institute of Arbitrators), GCCCAC (G.C.C Commercial Arbitration Centre).
- Commercial Litigation
- Government Advisory
- Dispute Resolution
- Mediation & ADR
- Commercial Contracts
- Coordinating with local and international law firms, worked successfully on litigation proceedings before Sharjah Court to recover an amount of US$425m.
- Successfully represented a developer based in Dubai in relation to recovering AED 750m. The UAE’s Highest Federal Court established new judicial precedent by adopting our defence and argument.
- Advised a regional government on its international agreements and disputes.
- Advised several high-profile clients on various legal matters.
Ihab was admitted to the Sudanese Bar Association in 1997 after passing the practical bar exam. Prior to joining Keystone Law Middle East in 2021, he worked at the following firms:
- SAT Law Firm as a Partner
- Khalifa Bin Huwaidan Advocates as a Head of Litigation
- Nazih Group as a General Counsel
- Edris Alawadi Group as a General Counsel
- Ihab Idris Law Firm