Fara Mohammed is a Banking & Finance Partner who specialises in advising international companies and individuals on their inward investments into MEA, Europe and the UK. She has significant experience advising businesses, funds and individuals on the financing of their investments and often acts as external general counsel for all legal aspects related to the investment.
Fara is an expert in advising clients on Shariah-compliant matter. She has extensive experience and expertise in many types of Shariah-compliant transactions covering a broad range of asset types, investment classes and industry sectors. She advises on a variety of financial products and has developed them for many financial institutions across the Middle East, Asia and in the UK. Fara has also assisted with the establishment of institutions in multiple jurisdictions.
Recognised as one of the most influential women in the Islamic Business and Finance global industry, Fara is regularly invited to speak at international events and is a frequent contributor to journals and magazines. In addition to being recognised for her professional expertise Fara is also well known for her contribution to the wider industry and the place that women have within it.
- Islamic banking and finance
- Leveraged finance
- Real estate finance
- Financial products
- Investment funds
- Debt capital markets
- Advised various international companies and funds on their respective investments in the UK.
- Advised UK, Asian and international banks on their Shariah-compliant domestic and cross-border syndicated and single, stand-by and revolving financing facilities.
- Advised international banks on the development of new Shariah-compliant financial products.
- Advising several funds on their respective acquisition of properties in the UK.
- Advised several Asian government-linked companies on their business and real estate acquisitions in the UK.
- Advised international financial entities on their new Shariah-compliant product for UK investments.
- Advised international banks on their Shariah-compliant derivatives product.
- Advised an asset management fund on its joint ventures in the UK.
- Advised a central government on its acquisition of its UK embassy.
- Advising a Saudi real estate company on the issuance of a sukuk in Saudi Arabia.
- Advising a Qatari entity on the termination of its sukuk worth USD 270 million.
- Advised a group of international banks on a shipping finance matter in Saudi Arabia, which was awarded deal of the year by an international shipping journal.
- Advising international funds on its incorporation and operations in the UK.
- Establishment of Shariah Supervisory Boards.
- Conducting regular due diligence and preparing reports on Islamic finance products for institutional clients.
- Liaising with and advising Shariah Supervisory Boards and scholars.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Leading lawyer in Islamic Finance (IFN, 2010), Legal 500 (2015 and 2017)
Influential Woman in Islamic Business and Finance (Isfire 2017, Womani 2018 and 2019)
Fara qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales in 2008 and also qualified in Malaysia in 1999. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, she worked at the following firms:
- Clyde & Co, London and Dubai
- Foot Anstey, London
- Norton Rose Fullbright, London
- Zaid Ibrahim & Co, Malaysia
- Shearn Delamore & Co, Malaysia