Melissa is a Dispute Resolution Partner with Keystone Law practicing in commercial litigation and international arbitration. Melissa has acted in a wide range of commercial disputes and has particular expertise advising on disputes with a connection to the Middle East. Melissa has worked in London, Dubai, Moscow and Perth giving her insights into these markets.
Melissa conducts commercial and international arbitrations under a variety of governing laws and institutional rules as well as ad hoc arbitrations.
She is experienced in handling disputes involving court and arbitration proceedings. She also advises clients on risk management.
Melissa is based in the UK. Before joining Keystone Law she was a Partner at a top disputes firm in Dubai.
She speaks English (native), Italian (fluent) and Russian (conversational).
- International disputes
- Cross-border arbitration and litigation
- Corporate and shareholder disputes
- Contract disputes
- Commodity pricing disputes
- Real estate development
- Finance and investment fund disputes
- Advising on complex cross border bet the company corporate disputes.
- Resolving onshore and offshore shareholder disputes.
- Advising Dubai companies and international companies doing business in the Middle East.
- Advising on international disputes across the Middle East, UK, Russia and Europe (arbitration and litigation).
- Advised on many real estate development disputes in the UAE including acting against a Dubai government owned master developer in one of the largest DIAC arbitrations.
- Advising on pricing disputes involving court and arbitration proceedings.
- Acted for one of the world’s largest steel producers on a pricing dispute involving ICC arbitration proceedings and freezing order proceedings concerning more than US$400m of assets (England, Russia, Switzerland and Australia).
- Acted for a major public utility against a consortium of major gas sellers in a large gas price review and arbitration under a long-term gas supply agreement (Australia).
- Acted for an international project company regarding one of the world’s largest LNG fields.
- Acted for one of the world’s largest E&P companies providing regulatory advice worldwide.
- Advised on disputes in relation to gas supply agreements.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
“Most feared woman in complex litigation” UAE 2017 (MEA Markets)
Melissa qualified as an English solicitor in 2004. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2018, she worked at the following firms:
- Hadef & Partners
- Clifford Chance
- SNR Denton