Nick Weaser is a leading advisor to the entertainment industry, with a particular focus on music – an industry in which he is recognised as an “expert” by the Legal 500.
His expertise involves advising a diverse range of companies and individual talent (including artists, musicians, songwriters and producers) from around the world, both established and emerging, on the full spectrum of commercial matters that span the complex and ever-evolving music sector.
- Commercial contracts
- Recording agreements
- Publishing agreements
- Producer, mixer and featured artist agreements
- Distribution agreements
- Management agreements
- Merchandising agreements
- Live performance agreements
- Brand, sponsorship and endorsement opportunities
- Acted for a wide range of emerging and established artists and songwriters in their negotiations with all major labels and publishers (Sony, Warner and Universal) and established independents.
- Advised a high-profile songwriter in respect of the multimillion-pound sale of their songwriting catalogue.
- Advised an emerging artist from the point of independent release of their first recording, to signing a recording agreement with the biggest record label in the world.
- Advised a producer in respect of their work on a multi-platinum, Australian and UK chart record-breaking hit.
- Advised on the setting up of a new record label, and all of its commercial contracts.
Please note: The experience list above may include examples of work completed prior to joining Keystone Law.
Recognised by The Legal 500 2021 for Media and Entertainment.
Nick qualified as a solicitor in 2015. Prior to joining Keystone Law in 2020, he worked at the following firms:
- Reed Smith