Priyasha is a corporate and commercial lawyer with over ten years of experience in the Middle East and India region acting for multinational companies, regional conglomerates, small and medium enterprises, and start-ups across a broad spectrum of matters, including domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, complex joint ventures, corporate restructurings, corporate financings, employment, anti-bribery and corruption, and general corporate advisory.
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Corporate restructuring
- Corporate governance
- General corporate and commercial matters
- Al Bakri Group, a Saudi Arabian conglomerate, on all aspects of a multi-jurisdictional M&A deal, valued at USD 6 million, involving the formation of a joint venture with a Japanese promoter and the subsequent acquisition of entities in the UAE, Japan, and India in the chemicals and fuel additives industry, as well as the bridge financing of the UAE and Japanese entity. (Shortlisted for MergerMarket’s Middle East Industrials & Chemicals M&A Legal Adviser of the Year).
- Hapag-Lloyd, a German transportation company, on restructuring its entities in the UAE and corporate governance matters following its merger with United Arab Shipping Company.
- United Arab Shipping Company, a multi-state-owned shipping company based in the GCC region on various aspects of its USD 8 billion combination with Hapag-Lloyd, including the group reorganisation and optimisation of key group companies throughout the GCC region.
- A Lebanese Conglomerate on various UAE law matters including (i) a joint venture between its UAE insurance brokerage subsidiary and an insurance technology company for establishing a digital platform allowing users to compare, buy, and manage insurance products in the UAE, (ii) establishing a fintech company in the DIFC for digitising consumer lending in the Middle East region, and (iii) restructuring its UAE offshore entities & acquisitions.
- Hassad Food Company QSC, a subsidiary of the Qatari Investment Authority, in connection with its USD 100 million acquisition of a majority equity stake in a privately-owned branded processed foods company in India, which operates in the basmati rice, ready to eat, and spices category. (This deal was awarded the Deal of the Year Award 2013 by Indian Business Law Journal).
- Publicis Groupe on its acquisitions in India of (i) Convonix, (ii) iStrat Software Pvt. Ltd, (iii) Resultrix Media Pvt. Ltd., and (iv) Indigo Systems & Technology Consulting (India) Private Limited.
- Thomson Reuters, a multinational media and information firm, on (i) the hive-off of a business into a new company and the subsequent investment into the new company along with another investor, and (ii) several international business transfers (both buy and sell-side) involving the transfer of employees and assets in India.
Prior to joining Keystone Law Middle East in 2021, Priyasha has worked at the following firm:
- Könnected Law, Founder & Partner
- Fichte & Co (Dubai)
- Trilegal (Mumbai)
- BG India (now Shell India) (Mumbai) – secondment